Chapter 5: Katie

Pidge wanted to open her eyes. She desperately wanted to tell Matt to run. But she couldn't whatever the Galra had given her made her body seize up, she tried to yell out in frustration but she couldn't which made her want to do it more. It was a vicious cycle she couldn't do anything about. Instead, she focused on Matt. She could hear him telling her it was ok, and that she would be ok. "Katie" that's what he was calling her. "How bad do I look?" She thought to herself "you only call me Katie when you are scared or know something is wrong" she wanted to say.

She heard a hiss of the ship door opening.

She wanted to open her eyes to see who had entered.

"Up rebel up" a voice snarled at her brother.

Someone bent over and uncuffed her sore wrists, and thrust her over their shoulder roughly.

She wanted to gasp for more air, or yelp but she couldn't.

"Careful" she heard Matt say through a clenched raw.

" Trust me boy by the time Haggar is done with her, you will think that I'm treating her like a princess!" He scoffed back at Matt

Pidge could hear her brother charge the man holding her.

She could feel long fingers grab her by her hair. She wanted to wiggle loose or cry out, but her body would not do as she wished

She heard Matt stop in defeat as she was once again thrown over the Galran's shoulder.

She head Matt sniffing and she sincerely wanted to speak to him but knew she couldn't.

———

They walked for a long time. As they walked Pidge focus on trying to open and close her hand but still couldn't.

They stopped, and Matt was forced into a cell.

"Don't touch my sister!" "leave her alone!" "She just a child!" She could hear Matt cry as the Galra holding her continued to walk on with her.

The words he said earlier ringing in her head "Trust me boy by the time Haggar is done with her, you will think that I'm treating her like a princess!" She felt a shiver go down her back as they turned into a room nearby her brother. She could still hear his faint cry's coming from the hallway.

She felt herself being strapped down to a cold table. "I know you can hear me, girl," said the ruff voice that had carried her. "if you do what you are told you will live" he spat at her.

She wanted to kick or bit or bunch but she couldn't.

She felt a small pinch in her shoulder. And she suddenly realized she could move. She let her eyes fly open.

She looked around and could see three soldiers standing around her.

"Where is Voltron?" One demand of her.

Pidge just stuck her tong out at them.

One of the Galra came closer holding yet another needle in his claws.

"Let me tell you what this is" he hissed as he began to force the liquid into her neck.

She grunted in pain as he continued

"This is called lefareum," he said as he continued to push the needle in.

"It will enhance your pain sensory by tenfold, and will temporarily fool your brain into thinking you are paralyzed. The more you are given the worst it will be" he told her with glee

"And my favorite part" he began as he withdrew the needle "is for the next Varga you will not be able to lose consciousness, you can thank your leader for this elixir; he was the one who helped make it" he scoffed "well he wasn't willing but nevertheless he is the reason"

Pidge felt like her insides where burning

She tried to steady her breath as her heart began to pound harder and quicker.

"You can feel it, good now we can get to work," said the second solder as the first to a step back.

"Now where is Voltron!" He questioned again.

"Wouldn't.... you... like... to know" she struggled to say

He turned slowly to the controls next to her head and flipped a switch.

Pidge heard herself screaming as pain fled through her body. Sweat dripping down her face.

He flipped the switch again and the pain lowered.

"We are going to have some fun," said the third Galra

As they all sat there for a moment laughing at Pidges weak state.

————

"She's losing consciousness," said one of the Galra

"Are Varga is up, put her with the boy!" said the first Galra

"Don't we want to keep them, separate sir?" Said the second

"No, letting the boy see her broken more and more will eventually beak him," said the first

"Yes sir, Vrepit Sa," Said the other two

Pidge felt un normal pain as they unstrapped her and started to drag her by her wrists down the hall.

She whimpered as they stopped in front of the cell door.

It hissed open, and she felt herself slightly leaving the ground and being at the mercy of gravity, she collided to the ground screaming out in pain.

She vaguely hears the soldiers laughing as the door hissed closed.

"Katie!" Yelped Matt

He began to lift her to his lap when she began to cry out "stop, stop, it hurts!" He stopped and did the best he could to comfort her... "it's ok Katie it's ok"  he mumbled to her.

"If..." she began "if it was... Why, why are... you.. calling me,  Katie?" She whimpered as darkness started to close around her.

"Pidge stay with me!" She heard her brother whispering to her...then everything went black.