Chapter 26: A Promise Is A Promise...Right?

"All right, Paladins" Shiro began. They where all gathered on the bridge including Matt, Rolo, Nyma, Beezer, and a few other rebel leaders

"We all knew this moment would come, and we are more prepared now than we've ever been. Lets do this!

"All right, Princess, it's time to begin the broadcast. Coran jumped in

"Have we secured communications?" Allura checked

Pidge was quick to answer "Yes." She leaned against Beezer and continued "Matt and I used the rebel's transporter encryption."

Coran fiddled with his mustache "Always helps to have a pair of tech-genius sibling around" clearly he was trying to lighten the mood.

Pidge frowned at his comment, while she agreed with Coran she knew it was temporary, though Matt has confirmed it yet she knew he wanted to continue his work with the rebels. She was happy for him, but knew she would miss him very much.

Allure began her broadcast. "Fellow members of the Voltron Coalition, If you are hearing me now, it is because you have pledged to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with us in our fight against Zarkon's enslavement of the free peoples of the universe. But that enslavement is about to be dealt a crushing blow. The time for a full-scale attack on the Galra Empire is now. Far in the future, when they speak of this day, they will speak of our sacrifice, but they will also remember this as the day that freedom began to overtake tyranny. You all have your missions. You know what to do. Good luck. We'll see you on the other side."

As Allura finished she understood why Shiro encouraged her to deliver the message, she spoke with power, great wisdom and bravery.

Allura was right they all knew what to do and Pidge knew what she needed to do she followed her brother to greens hanger.

­­­­­­­­______________________________________

Shiro caught Hunk before he could go down to the hangers. "Can I have a word?" He asked "Sure Shiro. What's up?" Shiro pulled him aside so no one could hear. "Hunk, bring her back." Shiro told Hunk with a slight quiver in his voice. Hunk looked at him softly "Shiro, I give you the paladin honor that nothing will happen to her." Shiro smiled and nodded, Hunk exited the room, leaving Shiro alone with his thoughts. "I will never leave her alone, I promised, and a promise is a promise." He left the bridge feeling confident he could keep that promise... Little did he know that sometimes no matter how hard we try, a promise is just empty words. That a promise can be broken.