Chapter 2: Voices

The first thing Pidge remembered was the ringing in her ears. But slowly with effort, she was able to make out voices. She didn't dare open her eyes out of fear of being waked on the head again, her head throbbed hard from the first time. But never the less she laid there and listened to the voices speaking.

"I found the rebel, and I'm on root now" the first voice spoke.

"And?" Stated the second.

"Well um," said the first

"Well?" Scolded the second voice

"Well, I have something else I believe Lord Zarkon would be pleased to have." the voice quickly uttered.

Pidge shivered at the mention of Zarkon.

"And what might that be?" Stated the second voice sounding rather bored with the conversation.

"A Paladin of Voltron" the voice dragging out his words for emphasis.

Both voice where silent

Then the second voice spoke, "How can you be sure?"

"I'll prove it!... just give me a tick."

Pidge heard footsteps coming her way

"Up Paladin! Up" screeched the first voice that she now recognized as the bounty hunter.

She didn't move until he forced her to her feet. "You aren't fooling anyone boy" he spat

Pidge looked down at Matt he looked like he was still out until he quickly swept himself onto his feet with amazing agility and charged the bounty hunter. "Don't touch my sister!" Matt yelled. But was quickly swatted away. The bounty hunter released his grasp on Pidge and looked at Matt. "Sisssterrr?" He hissed, "How sweet" he mumbled with fake curiosity. "How moving." Now I need you to stay put." He quickly grabbed Matt's and placed a cuff around his left hand and wove the other cuff around a chair then connected it to his right hand.

Matt tried to break free, even though he knew that the cuffs were never going to come loose.

The hunter turned his attention back to Pidge.

"Now I have someone who would like to meet you, girl. Now move it!"

"KATIE!" Matt called to her

Pidge was to frighten to answer or resist being pulled to the front of the small ship.

"Seeeee." The bounty hunter hissed with pleasure.

Pidge looked up at the screen where an old lady stood, her hair long at white and her eyes covered by a black hood. Just looking at her made Pidges stomach turn.

"And the Loin?" The hag hissed

"I couldn't move it, it put up its shields." Murmured the hunter.

"Bring him and the rebel to central command" commanded the old bag.

"Yes, Haggar" The hunter quickly answered with a slit bow which made his tell stick straight up.

The line went dead, and Pidge was quickly forced to the back of the ship where Matt was still pulling against his restraints.

Pidge felt numb as she was forced to sit on the floor across from Matt and then was also cuffed. "Now we will be there in a couple of Vargas, so keep quiet, or I'll have to inflict pain" the hunter laughing as he walks back to the front of the ship

"Pidge?, are you Ok?" Matt huffed.

Pidge stared at nothing trying to comprehend what was going on.

"Pidge?" Matt pleaded.

Pidge snapped her eyes into focus looking at her brother and nodded her head without saying anything.

"Matt stop" pidge finally demanded.

Matt stopped pulling against the cuffs and looked up at his little sister. There was something different about her, she appeared stronger and braver.

"Who was the bounty hunter talking too?" Matt asked nervously.

"Galra" she answered not telling the full truth.

"Just Galra?" Matt asked seeing through her fib.

"Haggar" Pidge deadpanned.

"Haggar..." Matt froze "that can't be good," Matt said with a sudden realization. "What's wrong Matt?"

"Nothing just thinking" Matt lied but deep down he knew, that Pidge was a prize that the Galra sincerely wanted. And he also knew that no Galra would take mercy on her especially the old witch.

How little did Matt know that he was so right.