Chapter 20: The Party's in Pidge's Room

"Get off me!" Lances voice pierced the blissful silence. Pidge sat straight up. The sight in front of her was so funny that she started crying from laughing so hard.

On the floor, Lance was flailing his arms and his leg, like he had just been electrocuted. Keith desperately tried to crawl off of Lance put continued to get beat up by the thrashing limbs of Lance. Eventually, Keith successfully found his way off Lance and stood up only to get tangled up in his blankets and face plant on top of the still sleeping Hunk and Shiro. Who quickly woke up. Shiro quickly stood up standing in his fighting stance. While Hunk just laid there in surprise.

Pidge continued to laugh while watching Keith detangle himself from both Hunk and his blankets.

Realizing what just happened Shiro, Matt and Hunk joined in the laughter, while both Keith and Lance turned red-faced.

"And you" Pidge began to choke out "where sucking on Keith's thumb!" She laughed

Now Allura and Coran were laughing.

Lance couldn't help but start laughing along with his friends. While Keith turned redder than his jacket.

"How about some breakfast?" Coran asked as the laughing died down.

"No no no!" Hunk squeaked jumping to his feet and racing Coran to the kitchen. Which caused another round of laughter from the others including Keith.

Eventually, Coran walked in shoulders slumped. Hunk had won.

Shiro sat on the end of Pidge's bed wiping his tears from his eyes.

"Well there goes my dignity," Lance said which caused Pidge and Matt to wail with laughter.

By the time they had settled down again, Hunk had returned with floating platters of food. "I thought we could have breakfast in bed this morning." He cheerfully stated

"Yeah!" Pidge pumped her fist in the air.

Both the Alteans and Keith looked confused.

Keith said "but no one is sick" now it was Shiro who was laughing "you were a kid, I hated cleaning crumbs out of your bed" Keith looked confused while Lance laughed pointing his finger in Keith direction.

"Breakfast in bed? What a wonderful idea, I have never thought of that before" Allura cooed

They all took a platter as Matt began to talk. "Back on earth when it was a birthday that person would get breakfast in bed. The rest of the family would get up early make the food then wake the other by singing happy birthday to them."

Pidge remarked, "I remember I would always have breakfast in bed with you, on your birthday."

"Yeah you did, mom would try to convince you otherwise, but you would jump up on my bed like a little pigeon and proclaim you were eating me."

"Wait wait wait." Lance began "why not just call you Pidge? That's your name after." Lance proclaimed

Everyone looked at him

"Did I miss something?" He asked stuffing his mouth full of food.

"My name isn't Pidge," she said looking down.

"What is it? Keith whispered, "I mean I figured Pidge was a nickname."

Pidge thought for a moment she knew her brother knew, and Shiro... And Coran which was resent.

"Katie. Katie Holt." She continued "I want to the garrison as Katie but got kicked out."

"What how could you get kicked out?" Matt questioned

"Well," she began again "I didn't go to learn I went to find out what the Quiznak happed on the Kerberos mission, the news said it was due to pilot error. But I knew Shiro, and I also knew my dad wouldn't go unless Shiro was his pilot." "Wait you two knew each other before?" Lance asked. Both Shiro and Pidge nodded. "Did you know who she was?" Hunk asked. Shiro took a deep breath. At first no, but I felt like she was familiar and as soon as she said that Sam was her father and that Matt was her brother I knew for sure."

It was silence for a couple of ticks then Matt encouraged Pidge to finish her story.

"I broke into commander Inversions Office," She said twisting her shirt in her hands. "Wow, you're brave." Hunk proclaimed, she smiled "I got caught and band to ever come on garrison property again. But I had to know what happened, so I created a fake identity, cut my hair used Matt's glasses and became Pidge Gunderson." She finished

"Did mom know?" Matt questioned

"Mom felt the same way, she didn't want to believe that her husband and only son died because of someone we all trusted so much," she said looking up at Shiro. His is where soft and watery, his face bared a small smile that sent warmth through Pidge's heart.

"Mom help make the identity, it was her idea to use the name Pidge, she said it could be a way to keep you close." She finished eyeing her brother.

"Might I ask how you got the nickname" Coran asked in a surprisingly quiet voice.

"Now that's a story," Matt said " when she was little she didn't walk she bounced" Keith cut him off "what do you mean when she was little?" He deadpanned with a small smirk on his face. Hunk gasped "Wait did Keith actually make a joke?" Shiro laughed. Matt continued while Pidge stuck her tongue out at Keith. "well I would always tell her, that she looked like a pigeon, but she was so little she didn't say it right; it came out as Pidge, and it kinda stuck.

They all sat in silence. The good kind of silence where they all just let the silence speak for them.

It was Lance again who broke the blissful silence "Well let's dig in!"

They all began to eat breakfast. All were happy all was well, and for the first time since her mission to find her brother, Pidge was comfortable, safe and surrounded by people who loved her.