The Penthouse

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats.

   Douglas smiled at Marcus, who was smiling back.

   "This won't end well," Leo groaned.

   "Quiet, Leo," Mr. Davenport warned. Marcus smirked.

   "Big D?! You're on their side?!" Leo exclaimed. His eyes were wide and his mouth had fallen open.

   "Marcus did save us."

   Leo got on his knees, held his fists in the air, and yelled, "NO!" Everyone stared at him, until Adam laughed.

   "He got that from one of Bree's slumber party movies." Leo shot Adam a death glare.

   "What? You said not to tell Bree, Chase, Mr. Davenport, or Douglas. I told Marcus!" Adam defended.

   "But Big D and Douglas are right there!"

   "But I didn't tell them."

   After arguing about it for some time, Mr. Davenport finally shouted, "Enough!"

   Adam and Leo shut their mouths and sheepishly grinned.

   "This is why I don't visit the academy very often," Mr. Davenport muttered just loud enough so the others could hear.

   "Awesome! It worked!" Leo exclaimed, giving Adam a high five. They then did a ridiculous dance that suspiciously resembled the one Mr. Davenport and Douglas did when they fixed Bree's chip.

   "I don't know what that was," Marcus said, "but it was not human."

   Mr. Davenport and Douglas looked at each other and shrugged.

   "Well, neither are you!" Leo said.

   "At least I'm not going around doing that!"

   "Okay, okay, guys! You better get back to the academy, the students are probably worried. And I don't trust Perry."

   Wait, what?

   "Perry? From school?" Marcus asked, doing a semi normal eyebrow raise.

   "Yep," Leo sighed. "She's the head of security."

   "She and Douglas are dating," Adam said.

   Marcus turned to face Douglas so fast, if he was human, he would've got whiplash.

   "No I'm not!" Douglas yelled, jumping up and giving Adam a glare.

   "Well, she said you asked her to marry you, and she said yes, and that you two had three kids, Berry, Gerry, and Felicia."

   "Adam, that was her Douglas journal," Leo said.

   In short, Douglas was horror-stricken.

   Marcus, however, was getting a kick out of it.

   "Terry, Berry, Gerry, and Felicia Davenport. It's got a nice ring to it."

   Mr. Davenport didn't know what to think. He was all for humiliating Douglas, but he knew that the person writing this was his head of security. And that terrified him.

   Adam thought it completely normal, as he was remembering Douglas and Perry's almost-wedding.

   And Leo was doing what any reasonable person would do: laugh his head off.

   "Ya know what? I think it's my turn to stay at the penthouse!" Douglas exclaimed.

   It was clear that he was going to get away from Perry at all costs.

   "I think that's for the best. She's getting desperate," Leo said. Douglas's eyes widened in horror.

   "She's head of security why?" Marcus asked, standing up.

   "She wouldn't leave me alone otherwise!" Mr. Davenport defended.

   "Ya coming?" Douglas asked Marcus. Marcus nodded. "Then c'mon!"

   The two left the "bar" and started towards the penthouse. They were both silent most of the way.

   "Why'd ya leave?" Douglas finally asked as they hopped on the elevator.

   "What?"

   "When we were at Giselle's. Why'd ya run off?"

   Marcus thought back to the day. He thought of the confusion. The guilt.

   "I didn't think you guys would really accept me. I mean, I tried to kill Leo. And Chase. Besides, I was the bad guy."

   Douglas gave him a small smile.

   "I did, too. They accepted me. And you're not a bad guy. You were just angry with me. Which is understandable. I'm not the most lovable person on the planet."

   They both lightly laughed.

   "Thanks, Dad," Marcus said.

   "Welcome, buddy."

   They were then at the right floor. The elevator had stopped and the doors were open.

   Inside were the entire Elite Force. Oliver and Skylar were sitting on the couch, where Oliver was smiling so bright it was almost creepy.

   Kaz was repeating Chase's name over and over and over. Chase was on the phone.

   Bree was laughing at what Marcus guessed was a YouTube video.

   Skylar was the first to notice their arrival. Standing up, (much to Oliver's disappointment,) Skylar greeted them.

   "Oh, hey, Douglas and random teenager," Kaz said.

   "Hey, Kaz," Douglas said.

   Bree ran up to Douglas and hugged him.

   "I thought you were staying at the academy still!" she exclaimed.

   "Well, I was, but Adam and Leo told me about Perry's apparent Douglas Journal and I was freaked out."

   Bree raised her eyebrows.

   "Good ole Berry, Gerry, and Felicia," Marcus added, grinning.

   Bree looked like she was about to say something, but shook her head.

   "I don't wanna know.".

   Chase finally got off the phone. His face was pale.

   "Chase, what's wrong?" Oliver asked.

   "I just got off the phone with the person in charge of the jail. They said that Sebastian, Lexi, and Tank never escaped."

   Dun dun dun!! Oh, I love writing cliffhangers! (I know, I'm evil.)

   Also, I'm gonna start something I saw over at Quotev. You guys ask me random questions and I'll answer some of them in the next chapter. Ready? Set? Go!

   Jesus loves y'all!

   BionicallyChristian out!