The Power

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Elite Force.

   This is it, guys! This is the finale! I hope you enjoy!

~~

   Marcus stared at the Arcturion. It was inches away and slowly getting closer. Rodissius watched Marcus's face as he moved it closer. He wanted a reaction, that much was obvious. But if Marcus was going to die -- again, maybe this time for good -- he wasn't going to give the person responsible that satisfaction. He was going to face death unafraid.

   Everyone else was down. Gabe had had Douglas taken out and the androids had taken care of the others. While he couldn't see Roman and Riker, he could only assume they were grinning. Rodissius looked calm, if a little excited. After all, he was about to get his powers back. He couldn't see Gabe's face because he was staring at the floor.

   And then he made contact with the Arcturion. 

   He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but it felt... exhilarating. Like adrenaline was pumping through him at a speed closer to super speed. He felt powerful. But then his neck started burning. While he didn't know the logistics of androids actually feeling things like a burning sensation, he did know that that was what it felt like. It was all so much. The power, the burning. He didn't know if he could take it. Warning signs kept flashing in front of his vision.

   WARNING: SYSTEM OVERLOAD

   WARNING: CHIP DAMAGED

   WARNING: CHIP SEVERELY DAMAGED

   WARNING: WILL SHUT DOWN IN FIFTEEN SECONDS

   Marcus fell to the ground. He could feel Rodissius touching his shoulder and he knew by the voices around him -- he couldn't tell whose, there seemed to be a constant ringing in his ear -- that Rodissius once again had superpowers. He tried to see but his vision was blurry.

   WARNING: WILL SHUT DOWN IN TEN SECONDS

   He could barely move. Could barely see. Could barely hear. He was immediately reminded of the day he'd died. Taking deep breaths didn't seem to help.

   WARNING: WILL SHUT DOWN IN FIVE SECONDS

   Through his hampered vision, he could see what seemed to be people. They were helping the others up. Someone must have called for backup. This was good. Maybe they stood a chance.

   WARNING: WILL SHUT DOWN IN 3... 2... 1...

   But he didn't. In fact, he seemed to get better. He could see more clearly and could see that the backup was Adam, Leo, and Daniel. His hearing got better, too. Not everything was muffled -- he could hear actual conversations.

   "Oh my gosh, what happened?!" Bree exclaimed as she fought off an android. Apparently she was awake, along with the others. And the androids were back at it.

   "I don't know, we just got here," Leo replied, hurtling an energy sphere at a different android. "I'm just glad Eddy contacted us when he did!"

   So Eddy contacted them? About time he did something useful.

   Marcus clutched his neck. The burning sensation had gone away, but something still felt off. With a groan, he sat up and looked around. Everyone was back at it, though the team was losing by a landslide. With the exception of Adam, Leo, and Daniel, they were all exhausted. 

   "Marcus!" Kaz shouted. "Are you okay?" 

   "Y- yeah! I think so!" Marcus yelled back. The real question was how. He'd touched the Arcturion! The others had gone on and on about how if you touched it, it would kill you. Unless you were Skylar. But Chase had come to the conclusion that it must be her alien DNA that saved her. He was definitely not an alien. He was an android, but-