The Hacking

A special thanks to Annizbeat, who inspired me to try to finish this story that I've left sitting here since 2019. Thank you so much!

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Elite Force

~~

   The plan was set in motion. Marcus and Douglas were busily hacking into W.I.R.'s network. They were almost there -- then the plan would really begin.

   "Got a cover?" Douglas asked.

   "Yeah," Marcus answered as he continued typing, "but you're not gonna like it."

   Douglas raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

   "It involves me bad-mouthing you 'cause you're helping the Elite Force. And 'cause you left me to die..."

   "Not my favorite, but hey," Douglas shrugged. "So what's the exact story?"

   "Somewhere along the lines of 'you left me to die and I want revenge.' I'm not a fan of it, either, but I think it's our best bet." Marcus averted his eyes awkwardly. He wasn't big on the story whatsoever -- mostly because he didn't like thinking about that part of his past -- but it was a good cover.

   Douglas seemed to understand. He patted Marcus on the back. "It's fine, Marcus. It's over now."

   Marcus smiled. "Thanks."

   The two worked for a bit longer (Chase occasionally helped them as well, though reluctantly) and the hacking was finished. It was a sort of messaging network. To be able to use it, they'd have to appeal to the leader of W.I.R., a person with the simple codename of Eye. Marcus wasn't sure who it was -- most likely someone new, since the old leader's codename was fight_or_die.

   After a few minutes of thought, Marcus sent the following message to him: 'Marcus Davenport requesting reentry permission.' It was simple but should get the job done, especially since Marcus was already known at W.I.R.

   Marcus looked at Douglas. "Think this'll work?"

   "It should. Your cover makes sense and you're a good actor, which should sell it once you get there."

   Marcus would've responded, but Eye did, first.

   'Who are you?'

   This was the expected response. They could never be too careful.

   'Son of Douglas Davenport, regular member of W.I.R. Accompanied him on many trips to W.I.R.'

   Douglas nodded. "That should do it."

   'Access granted.'

   They were in.

~~

   It was kind of a short one, but I wanted it to be up as soon as possible. I hope you all enjoyed! I'm going to try to finish this story, but I'm not sure how often I'll post. But I'm going to try to post semi-often. Tell me how you liked this chapter!!

   Jesus loves y'all!

   BionicallyChristian out!