The Attack

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Elite Force.

   Basically The Attack. But different. Enjoy!

~~

   Marcus barely recharged. He was trying to think of a plan to stop Gabe in case he couldn't be turned to their side but he hated even thinking about the possibility. Gabe had been his best friend -- no, his only friend -- for years. How could he take him out?

   Douglas had constantly reminded him to rest, but he couldn't. Eventually it was the next day and he decided he might as well start it. When he got to the living room, the team was making fun of what seemed to be Bree's newest superpower: purple light coming out of both of her hands. Even Chase got in on the action instead of pointing out how illogical it all was. 

   "Hey, Marcus, look at Bree's cool new ability!" Kaz exclaimed. "We call it: Flashlight Hands."

   Marcus only nodded, sitting on the couch and going through potential scenarios in his head of how to take Gabe out if needed. Physically, it would be easy. Gabe wasn't a bionic android. Emotionally was a different story.

   "You okay?" Kaz asked.

   "I'm fine. I'm trying to come up with a plan."

   "Is this about your friend?" Skylar asked. "You seemed kind of upset yesterday."

   "I'm fine," Marcus repeated, this time with more force.

   Before anyone could respond, Douglas walked in. "Something str-" He stopped and looked at Marcus. "You didn't recharge, did you?"

   Marcus raised an eyebrow. "Did you really think I would?"

   Douglas gave him a look and turned to the others. "Something strange is going on outside. The whole city feels eerie and there are a lot more police sirens than usual."

   "What do you think it is?" Bree asked.

   "I don't know. But something's definitely not right," Douglas replied.

   "Maybe it's just because you know the Arcturion was stolen," Oliver suggested. "We treated a lot of paranoid patients at Mighty Med."

   Kaz nodded in agreement.

   Douglas waved the comment off. "No, it's not that. I don't know what it is." He sat down beside Marcus and looked out the window. The city was darker than usual. It could simply be a rainier day, but it felt... off to Marcus. And not just because of the whole Gabe thing.

   Douglas turned on the news -- Channel 5 with Chip and Dixie, his favorite -- and the reporter was talking about other strange things going on in Centium City. There were all sorts of seemingly random disasters, like fires and ruptured gas lines. 

   "Guess you were right," Marcus told Douglas.

   "It's gotta be Roman and Riker!" Chase exclaimed.

   The team nodded and watched the TV intently, ignoring Skylar's question as to why in the world their names were Chip and Dixie. Marcus anxiously listened to anything that could be related to Gabe.

   "Eyewitnesses to each event say they saw a person, but each described him or her differently," the reporter said.

   "So they didn't see a black swarm or anything relating to Roman and Riker?" Bree asked.

   "Doesn't seem like it," Skylar said. "Maybe they're all unrelated."

   "What eyewitnesses can seem to agree on is that they were all wearing the same shirt: a black tee shirt with W.I.R. on it," the reporter continued.

   Everyone went silent.

   Marcus didn't take his eyes off the screen. "Gabe finished his androids." Judging by the fact that no one seemed confused at that, Marcus assumed that Douglas had told them the revelation last night.

   "So Roman and Riker are controlling them," Chase said. "We need to suit up."

   The team ran off to get their mission suits but Marcus stayed behind with Douglas. "One thing still doesn't make sense. Why would they get Gabe to steal the Arcturion? Wouldn't it be easier -- and faster -- for them to do it?"

   "This just in!" the reporter suddenly announced. "We have footage of what seems to be a large group of people attacking innocent civilians." The clip showed dozens of average looking men and women assaulting a large crowd of people. All wore the W.I.R. shirt witnesses had described. One man's hands seemed to glow purple, just like Bree's Flashlight Hands.

   "They have superpowers," Douglas realized. "Gabe didn't steal the Arcturion for Roman and Riker, he stole it for his androids!"

   A thousand questions swam through Marcus's mind. How did the Arcturion work on androids? Why was Gabe doing this? But he didn't have time to dwell on those. He stood up. "The others already left. They don't know what they're dealing with. We gotta go help 'em."

   Douglas ran to get his gun and some protective armor. Ignoring the recently appeared Eddy, Marcus stared at the TV. When Douglas returned, Marcus super sped them to the heart of Centium City.

~~

   Jesus loves y'all!

   BioicallyChristian out!