The Babysitters

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Elite Force.

   This is sort of a redo of They Grow Up So Fast. I could've just added Marcus and Douglas into the episode, but I wanted to change it up. Hope you enjoy!

~~

   The day after their 'chill day' (which wasn't so chill because the team was worrying about the Arcturion being gone), Marcus was back at the W.I.R.  He was with Gabe and the two were talking about all that had been happening. It was Marcus's idea -- he wanted to see if he could glean any information about Clifton helping Roman and Riker. So far, it had been a bust. Gabe only told him about how Clifton was letting him do more important things and about some of the weirder criminals. Marcus didn't tell him much in return, but Gabe had always been the more chatty of the two. 

   "I'm telling you, I'm a ninja!"

   Marcus laughed. "Yeah. Ninja."

   Gabe was about to tell another story when a voice interrupted him. "GABRIEL ELLIS MOORE, I ASKED FOR YOU TWENTY MINUTES AGO!"

   Gabe's eyes widened. "Shoot. COMING, DAD!" He looked back at Marcus and gave him a sympathetic look. "Sorry, I gotta go. Dad probably needs help with the messaging thing again. Bye!"

   Marcus waved as Gabe ran faster than someone without super speed should be able. With another laugh, he decided it was time to head back to the penthouse. Maybe he could finally be there when something exciting happened. But not another glitch.

   When he was a safe distance away from the W.I.R. (he didn't want to attract attention), he super sped to the penthouse. The elevator opened to reveal a somewhat normal scene. Nothing totally weird was going on -- at least not in the living room.

   "What are you doing here?!"

   He stood corrected. To his right was Tasha, holding a baby. Naomi. The baby he'd saved from the android villains.

   "Hey. Tasha." Marcus grinned sheepishly. He may have saved Naomi, but he'd tried to kill Leo multiple times. Five, if he remembered correctly. The car, the robot, elecrokinesis, saw fingers, and the Giselle incident. Yep. Five. And a few threats thrown in for good measure.

   Douglas walked into the room. "Tasha, what's-- oh no." He stopped in his tracks when he saw Marcus. "Before you kill him, he saved Naomi, so..."

   Tasha eyed Marcus suspiciously. "You did?"

   "Uh, yeah. A few weeks ago."

   This time she looked at Douglas. "He's not evil anymore? Donald told me about when you kidnapped him and the kids."

   "No, Tasha. He's not evil," Douglas said. His confidence made Marcus smile a bit. "He's actually helping us defeat the newest batch of villains."

   Tasha looked at Marcus for a minute, not saying anything. She seemed to be studying him. It was sort of creepy. After a minute, Tasha nodded. "Okay. Anyway, I should be going. I was just telling Naomi goodbye before I left. I got the kids to watch her -- don't let that Kaz kid take care of her." She gave Naomi to Chase and, with an excited wave, she basically skipped out the door.

   "That was... easier than expected," Marcus commented. "I thought she was gonna kill me."

   "Me-" Douglas was cut off by Chase talking to Naomi.

   "Aren't you an adorable Snoogie-Woogie-Boogie! Yes you are! Yes you are!"

   Douglas may have been nice enough to not laugh, but Marcus definitely wasn't.