The Hurt

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Elite Force.

~~

   No.

   This wasn't right.

   It couldn't be right.

   How could Gabe be the one who stole the Arcturion?

   Marcus took a few deep breaths and looked back at Douglas. "Let me see the footage."

   Douglas was hesitant. "I don't know, maybe you should just rest for now."

   "I can take it. I just need to see."

   Douglas nodded and led Marcus to Mission Command, where the footage was waiting on the cyberdesk. "Are you sure?"

   He wasn't. What did he expect to find? He knew what happened. He knew Gabe stole the Arcturion. And all he could think about was the team inevitably tracking Gabe down. But he supposed he just had to see it to believe it. Because Gabe was too... nice to do something as evil as this. Marcus? Had he still been evil (he shuddered at the thought) he would've done it in a heartbeat. Gabe wasn't like that, though. Gabe liked helping people. In fact, when they were little, Gabe had said he wanted to be a doctor for that very reason. 

   Marcus only nodded. "I'm sure."

   "Okay."

   He watched it to the end, even though it hurt. This was his best friend! How could he do this to him?! The logical side of his mind tried to tell him that Gabe didn't mean to hurt him like this -- after all, Gabe didn't know he was working with the Elite Force. But it didn't help.

   "We think Clifton might have told him to do it for Roman and Riker." Douglas said it gently but it felt like a slap to the face. It made sense, though he hated to admit it. Hadn't Gabe been bragging earlier today about being able to do more important things? His mind drifted to their conversation. Gabe hadn't let the details slip -- he was the son of the leader of a criminal organization, he knew better -- but he knew enough to figure out that Gabe wasn't just there, doing nothing of importance. Not anymore. No, now he was helping. And he was good. He'd busted into Mr. Davenport's securest facility! If only he could've been tipped off. If there'd been hints! But Clifton had yelled for him before--

   Oh no.

   PLEASE no.

   Marcus turned even paler than usual and stared into space. "Ellis starts with an 'E.'"

   Douglas stared. "Um... yeah. Are you okay, buddy? Maybe you should lie down?"

   "NO!" Marcus yelled, louder than he'd intended. He was onto something, he didn't have time to rest! He quickly apologized and continued. "When Clifton yelled for Gabe earlier today, he used his full name: Gabriel Ellis Moore. Ellis starts with an 'E.' E is the signature for whoever commissioned Roman and Riker's androids."

   Douglas's eyes widened. "So Clifton isn't working for them. Gabe is."

   Marcus nodded and sat down. He felt like he couldn't breathe -- which, being an android and not needing to breathe, was a strange feeling. He took some more deep breaths and was only half aware of Douglas sitting next to him, rubbing his back.

   "It's gonna be okay. Gabe probably doesn't even know why Roman and Riker want the Arcturion. Or the androids."

   "I know, it just..." Marcus didn't finish his sentence but Douglas nodded in understanding.

   "I remember feeling like that when Krane betrayed me. We used to be good friends, but after all the bionic implants he went a little crazy. You know, Chase has been through the same thing. You should talk to him about it."

   Marcus laughed bitterly. "Yeah, 'cause of me. I'm the one who betrayed him."

   "I meant Sebastian."

   "...Still a no."

   They were silent for a few minutes before Douglas spoke again. "Do you want to watch a movie? I'll order pizza."

   The offer was tempting -- he had a soft spot for pizza -- but he shook his head. "I can't. I've gotta figure out a plan." If they were going to take down Roman and Riker, they were going to have to take down Gabe, too. He needed to figure out the best way to do that. The preferable way would be to turn Gabe to their side. Then Gabe wouldn't have to go to jail. But if not? As much as it hurt, they were going to have to figure out a way to get rid of him -- with force, if necessary. He stood up and walked back to the cyberdesk, pushing away the security footage.

   Douglas stood up as well and gave Marcus a small smile. "I'll bring you a few slices when it comes. Don't stay up too late."

   "I won't."

   He would.

~~

   Feel free to comment, it makes my day! 

   Jesus loves y'all!

   BionicallyChristian out!