The Leader

Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats or Lab Rats Elite Force.

   "Get going! We need to find their lair as quick as possible!" Skylar exclaimed. Chase and Marcus reluctantly walked into the elevator and shot down to Mission Command.

   "Nice place," Marcus sarcastically complimented. "Love the inflatable pool."

   Chase looked up from his phone and shrieked. "What the?!"

   Suddenly a figure with a gun sprang from a bed. "AHH! Intruder!" The figure shot the gun and the two boys flipped over it.

   "Perry?!" they both exclaimed.

   "Chaz?" Perry asked, taking off her sleep mask. She turned to Marcus. "Who are you?"

   "Marcus? From school?" Silence. "Marcus Fisher?"

   "Nope. I pay very little attention to most students," she replied.

   "And it's Chase," Chase said, annoyed.

   "I know. I just like the name Chaz better."

   Chase shook off the comment. "What are you doing here?"

   "Oh, just taking a little vacay from the academy."

   Oh, Dad is gonna love this.

   "So you left a tropical island to vacation in the windowless underbelly of a skyscraper?" Chase asked.

   "Eh. I would," Marcus said, shrugging.

   "Yep," Perry replied, " I had to get my skin back to its regular state: pale and clammy. Plus I'm from here."

   "You were born in Centium City?" Chase asked.

   "No, Chase. Las Vegas," Marcus said, rolling his eyes.

   Chase glared at him, then turned back to Perry.

   "Nope. Under. In a network of tunnels under the ground." Perry flashed her gun around and Chase stepped back.

   "Okay! How about we put the weapon down?"

   "Sorry. When you're born in the bowels of a city, you learn to watch your back. And you also learn that looks like meat is meat."

   "Okay, then," Marcus stepped in. "Let's take you upstairs." He tried to grab her arm, but she pulled away.

   "I don't even know you!"

   Marcus sighed. "Douglas is upstairs."

   "Dougie!" she yelled, running to the elevator. She tried to push the "up" button but it didn't work.

   "Does this thing have a weight limit?" Marcus asked, motioning to Perry.

   "No, Perry, your blast broke the hyperlift!" Chase said.

   "Well, you're the one who ducked outta the way!" Perry retorted.

   "She's got a point," Marcus said. Chase growled at him.

   Suddenly something from the cyber desk started blaring.

   "AHH!" Perry yelled, shooting it.

   That probably wasn't good.

   "Stop shooting things!" Chase yelled. "That's the mission alert. Your blast put us on lockdown, and took out our Mission Command's entire nervous system. We're trapped. Communication's down, too."