Chapter 17

(Y/N P.O.V)
I'm currently sitting on Hanks couch, staring at the TV that has (fav. Show) on. Dried tears still lingered on my face, and multiple empty bottles of alcohol littered the table.

After Connor had got shot I demanded that they let me go with him to the CyberLife Tower. But of course, they wouldn't let me. Hank decided to drive me home and to get another officer to drop his car off at his house for him.

One minute we're heading towards my house, the next we're in a liquor store. Hanks house is closer, so I told him I could just sleepover on his couch.

Hank and I managed to drink almost all of the beer that we had bought. He didn't seem to be taking this any better than I was. I know he thought of Connor as a son, the way he protected him and often worried about him.

I threw another empty bottle onto the table, but it missed and dropped to the floor. I watched it roll a bit before hitting the wall.

"He's gone," I mumbled for the hundredth time that night. I leaned my head against the back of the couch and closed my eyes, "and I feel like it's my fault"

Hank, who's been sitting beside me this whole time, looked over at me.

"Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened. No one could've stopped that from happening."

Fresh tears starting running down my face, and I couldn't help but let out a sob. Hank gently pulled me closer and let me cry on his shoulder.

"He's gone forever.."

I lifted my face from Hanks' shoulder after a few minutes of gross sobbing and sat back where I was. I grabbed another beer and opened it.

Just as I put the bottle up to my lips, a knock came from the door. I glanced at a clock.

"Who would be here at midnight?" Hank shrugged and continued drinking his beer.

I sighed and stood up. After almost tripping over the table I managed to get to the front door. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"What do you-"

I looked up and nearly fainted.

"JesUS CHRIST A GHOST"

I proceed to slam the door and stumble to hide behind the couch.

"Hank there's a ghost at the door" I peeked at him from behind the couch. He raised an eyebrow and glared at me before walking over to the door and opening it again.

I continued to peek from behind the couch, Hank had dropped his beer bottle and was now somehow hugging the ghost of Connor.

I stood up and slowly made my way over. Hank was pulling away from the hug, and Connor was looking at me. I slowly poked his face a few times.

Before I realized what was happening, tears were streaming down my face yet again, and I was wrapped in Connors' arms.

"You jerk! Don't you ever fucking do that again!!" I continued to sob into his chest as he rubbed my back slowly.

I looked up at him and stood on my tiptoes. I pressed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He held me tighter as we kissed as if he was scared I'd disappear.

I opened my eyes and stared into his brown eyes. He also had a few tears running down his face. I gently wiped them off with my thumbs.