Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of the knock on my door.

“Go away!” I shouted not wanting to talk to any of my family members after what happened yesterday night but as usual,my warning was ignored and the person came in.

“I said go away! Is that so hard to do?!” I turned my head towards my door and saw my sister standing there looking at me and I just stared at her blankly.

"Good morning" She said, her blue eyes looking at me but I wasn’t gonna let it go so easily.

“What do you want?” I answered back icily.

“I came to talk to you.”

“Well I don’t wanna talk to you so please leave.”

“Kay,you have to listen to me.”

“No I don’t. Not when you don’t care about me anymore.”I said and turned back to my pillow. Atleast my pillow would never marry me off to a total stranger. I should probably take my pillow along when I get married.

Wait! Why the hell was I even considering this!?

“I just want to tell you that I’m sorry.”

“Too late Ella, that ship sailed a long time ago. Please leave.” I said in a tone that said I was done with the conversation.

I heard her sigh and walk out and just when I was about to continue my journey into dreamland, I got interrupted again.

Ugh! What is it with people!?

The day I don’t have to go to work,I get disturbed. 

I turned to shout at the intruder but stopped when I saw my best friend.

“May, how are you sweetie?” she asked hugging me tightly that it soon became difficult to breathe.

“Cami, I’m not dying okay so please,let me live!”

She suddenly released me and slapped me on my arm and mind you, her slaps were very painful.

"Ow!! What the hell was that for!?"

“For scaring me yesterday you little piece of shit!  I thought you were gonna die!” She said with a serious face which made me hold back my laughter because I knew she would get mad at me for laughing at her since she was serious.

“Really Cami? You think you’re gonna get rid of me so easily?”

“Of course not! Who’s gonna be my bitch when you leave?”

“Yay! I’m glad that’s the only reason you don’t want me to die.”I answered sarcastically

“Oh come on b!  You know I love you.”

Yeah whatever.” I answered rolling my eyes while trying so hard to hide my smile.

“So, about the marriage, what the hell is going on!?"

"I honestly don’t know. My dad just announced over dinner yesterday that I was getting married and when I asked why,the reply I got was, 'It’s what’s best for you'. How the hell is that what’s best for me!?” I asked again my frustration resurfacing.

“And you don’t know who it is?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Well let’s just hope it’s an extremely hot billionaire.” She said a little too excited for my liking

“Really? That’s what you’re gonna say?” I asked raising an eyebrow

“Give me a break! What else should I say to my best friend who’s getting married to someone she doesn’t know? Or do you wanna run away?”

“As tempting as that sounds, no.  I have responsibilities and a job I love so I’ll pass."

She was about to say something when my phone beeped telling me I had a new message.  I picked it up and read the message from my dad

We’re going for dinner at your future husband’s house tonight. Prepare.

And that was all.  I looked at the phone in disbelief.

“You have got to be kidding me." I muttered under my breath but not low enough for Cami to hear.

“What is it? “ she asked eagerly and I showed her the text message and the next thing she did baffled me.

“Eeee!” she squeaked

“Babe! What did you do that for!?”I looked at her in shock and anger.

“You’re meeting your future husband tonight!!”

“And how is that a good thing?” I asked raising an eyebrow again,that seemed to happen a lot whenever she was around.

“Oh come on May!  You can as well make the best out of this situation right now”

“I would but I don’t see what good this will do to me.”

“You will eventually. Now come on, we’re going shopping!” she said excitedly dragging me out of the bed with force but I returned the favour and dragged her back which made her fall on my bed.

“That is so not gonna happen.” I said with a serious face.

“Why??” she asked whining

“First of all, I don’t know who the hell I’m going to meet—”

“the more reason why you have to dress to impress—”she said interrupting me but I wasn’t having it

“Exactly my point. I don’t want to impress anybody. Secondly,I have enough dresses to last me a lifetime since I never attend all the irrelevant dinner parties so I’m definitely not going shopping.”

“Fine! Can I at least pick out a dress for you to wear?” she asked defeatedly knowing she already lost this one.

“Suit yourself. It’s my free day so I’m just gonna rest.”

************************************

I was finally ready.

Cami picked out a blue midnight dress with lacing around the neck area. It hugged my body in every part and had a slit from my knee downwards.  She fixed my hair in a low bun while allowing some strands to fall on my face. My black hair had never looked blacker. After the hair and makeup which was nicely done, a smokey eye with red lipstick that made me look fierce and daring, I was ready to go and I looked amazing thanks to my amazing best friend.

“You’re definitely gonna blow your future husband away with how beautiful you are.” She said smiling at me.

“It’s all thanks to you and I really doubt I’ll be blowing anyone away since I don’t actually know anybody.”

“Live a little will you?” she said shoving me lightly, “now I have to go because mum has been bombarding my phone with texts but make sure you call to tell me everything that happened okay?”

“Alright. Thanks for this,”I said referring to the transformation. "I wouldn’t have done anything if you weren’t here”

“You know it’s my job.  Bye babes.  Love you.”

“Love you too.” I called back to her departing figure but she suddenly stopped and looked back at me,

“Make sure you don’t kill anyone tonight.” She warned

“I can’t promise you that but I’ll try.” I answered smiling back at her.

“Hmm. Fair enough. Bye!”

“See ya!”

I grabbed my phone and other necessary things and slipped into my silver stilettos. I headed for the door and when I saw my reflection in the mirror, I was pleased with how beautiful I looked.

Watch out future husband! This girl is coming for you,

Whoever you are.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋