Chapter 44

It is exactly 1:50am right now and the date is 16th August, 2019.

It also happens to be my birthday so Happy Birthday to me!

I wasn’t sure how long I had stayed here for, I stopped counting after the fifth sunset I experienced.

So far I’d managed to get a bruise of my left cheek and my right arm from his slaps and strong holds. Honestly I was scared of him but I couldn’t give him the satisfaction of thinking I was scared of him so I used the words he hated most again him, hence the bruises.

Apparently he hated being called crazy and that was exactly what I called him.

Crazy.

His eyes were crazy, he acted crazy, he was crazy and I was done with him.

I finally decided to run away.

Yeah you heard me!

Easier said than done. Yeah I know but I had to try.

I noticed that he came around a particular time, I wasn’t sure which because I didn’t have a wristwatch but it was definitely a particular time.

I'm pathetic and I could feel my plan start to fail but I wasn't giving up because I didn't have a choice. I had to leave.

I stood behind the door and could hear his footsteps coming closer.

I braced myself by the door with the chair he had forgotten the night before.

I believe that was a sign.

Believe being the keyword here.

I heared the locks click and as soon as the door opened, I used the little strength I had left in me to hit his head and I immediately heard the tray crash to the ground from his hands.

He let out a loud groan and grabbed his head in his hand and I took that as my cue to run.

I pushed him away from the door and ran out of the room. I didn’t have time to check out the house and instead ran towards what I assumed to be the stairs.

My heart was pounding like crazy in my chest and I was running out of energy since I hadn’t eaten anything in days. I refused to touch the food he gave me just in case he decided to poison it or put a love potion in it.

You can never be too sure.

But judging by my week state, I knew I was getting close to passing out.

I got to the stairs and hadn’t taken two steps down when I heard his voice from behind me.

“You can’t run away from me and you can’t get far without shoes and energy.” I heard him say from behind me but I ignored him as the stairs suddenly seemed to get longer.

“Get back here Kayla.” He growled angrily and once again I ignored him as I ran to the final step.

I didn’t know whether to take the left or the right so I took right instead praying I was heading in the right direction.

I saw what I prayed and assumed to be a door and sprinted towards it but just as I was about to grab the door, my hair was pulled back.

I let out a low whimper as he dragged my hair till it felt like it was going to remove from the roots.

“I told you you couldn’t get far didn’t I?” He said in a low voice.

“Please let me go.” I cried as I could feel the tears due to the force of the his pull.