Chapter 4

Emma finally managed to drag me to the sitting room and just like my mind already knew it, my gaze fell on a particular dark-brown haired person and it didn't move, not even when his mum spoke.

"Kayla darling, meet my son Jason Anderson, Jason this is Kayla Andrews, your future wife." She said and at that moment, he turned his head and when our eyes met, it was like someone used two huge blocks to hold my legs in place, I couldn't move and even my mouth couldn't form a sentence of its own.

He had the most intense blue eyes that I had ever seen and a firm jawline, his chest gave a new definition to broad and his suit fitted him perfectly in every area and for a moment, I wondered how he looked without a shirt.

He was beautiful.

I know how it sounds weird when you call a man beautiful but I was at loss for words to use to describe him.

He suddenly stood up and walked up to me.
"Hello." he said with a fake smile which had me confused for a moment but when I saw his dimple, I lost it.

I was a sucker when it came to guys with dimples and his voice was so thick and sexy.

I was in trouble.

So much for getting married.

I was still gawking at him when I suddenly realized that everyone was staring at us and I still hadn't said a word.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks from embarrassment because they all caught me staring at him and I could hear Emma giggling silently beside me.

"H-h-hi,"I was a blubbering mess and I mentally face-palmed myself for being so embarrassing.

"Nice to meet you ." He said, bringing my hand up to his lips without breaking eye contact with me and when his lips touched my skin, I felt tingles and suddenly dragged my hand back from him as if his touched burned and it only caused him to smirk at me like he already knew the effect he had on me.

"Nice to meet you too, Jason." I said in a more confident voice and he smirked when I pronounced his name.

What was it with him and his stupid smirk?

I had the urge to slap it off his face but I don't think everyone will take me as a normal person if I suddenly slapped him for no reason. I would probably be taken to the mental asylum if I did anything like that.

We were still staring at each other when his mum cleared her throat and spoke up.

"Dinner is ready now so shall we?" she asked pointing to the direction of where I assumed to be the dining area and everyone agreed and walked in the direction she pointed at until it was just Jason and I left in the living room.

"Let's go and eat, future wife." He said mockingly and when I looked at him in confusion, I saw the way he clenched his jaw and that was when I realized that he hated the idea of this marriage as much as I did.

Well great!

I was getting married to someone who hated me possibly more than I hated him.

************************************

The dinner was awkward.

For me at least because everyone seemed to be having fun and no one seemed to notice the constant glares I was receiving from Jason. No one except me because I was the one it was directed at. I couldn't understand why he kept glaring at me. I hated the idea of our marriage as much as he did so he could at least give me a break!

When the dinner ended, our families thought it would be a great idea for us to 'catch up' and 'know more about each other' and so they sent us to the balcony to do just that.