Chapter 19

I was sitting in my room reading for my finals. I was graduating finally and as excited as I was, it was scary. I’ve always had a phobia for exams even though I always passed and that’s why Tony always made fun of me.

Speaking of Tony, he said he was coming about thirty minutes ago and he wasn’t here yet.

Ten minutes after, he barged into my room and the force with which the door hit the wall made me shake with fear and I thought it would remove from its hinges.

I looked up at him with fear and concern in my face.

“What’s wrong Tee?” I asked carefully because I had never seen him this pissed.

“What did you do?”

“What do you mean?” I asked giving him a confused stare.

“Don’t play dumb with me Kayla! I asked you a simple question.” He screamed at me and I could see the veins in his neck.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I screamed back at him with tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

I hated confrontations like this.

“Why the hell did you pay for my mother’s hospital bills? I thought I told you not to.”

I swallowed loudly because I knew I had been caught. I made them promise to keep my identity anonymous but as usual, they messed it up.

“I…I can explain.” I said calmly, I didn’t want us to start a screaming battle.

“Oh really? I need you to explain why my name and face is all over the internet and why everyone is tagging me as a gold-digging boyfriend. I told you not to help me but as usual you were so stubborn and you refused to listen to me.” He said taking heavy breaths.

“What do you mean?”

“When was the last time you checked your phone?”

“Yesterday…”I said trailing off while reaching for my phone.

As soon as I switched it on, I was bombarded with different notifications of myself and Tony’s relationship.

GOLD-DIGGING BOYFRIEND.

WE KNEW HE WAS WITH HER FOR THE MONEY, HE JUST PROVED IT.

THIEF TONY…..

And many more harsh and offensive comments about the two of us.

I looked up carefully at him and I could see his green eyes change color. It scared me.

“I’m so sorry Tee, I didn’t mean for it to happen like this. I just wanted to help you.”

“I freaking told you not to because of this.”

“But she was going to die…I saw how hurt you were and I didn’t want you to lose her.”

“She wasn’t going to die.” He said but I knew he was lying, we all knew she would die if the surgery wasn’t performed on her.

“Yes she was! Just admit it already Tee. I was just trying to help and if you could just put your ego aside for a minute, you would see the true intentions behind what I did.”

“There’s no ego involved here. This is about breaking your promise.”

“I didn’t break my promise. I only helped you.”