Chapter 50

“I think I’m going to get a divorce.”

She froze while applying the eye-shadow and pulled it back to look at me.

“You can’t be serious.”

“I’ve never been more serious Camilla.” I said calling her full name this time.

“Why? You and Jason are finally perfect.” She said with a horrified look.

“I’m tired Cami. Why can’t we just have our happy ending already? I mean one minute we’re okay and the other we’re not.”

“You need to think about this.”

“I’ve been thinking about it all day. The signs are there. He full on refused to have sex with me and forgot about my birthday, instead he went to work. Who the hell works on a Sunday!? I’m not—no, I can’t do this anymore because I’m one hundred percent sure it’s bad for my health and my sanity.” I told her letting out a tired sigh.

“You know what? Why don’t we go for this event and when we get back, we’ll talk about it.” She said calmly.

“I’m going to wait up for him and when he gets back, I’ll tell him.” I said finally and she just sighed.

She completed her task in silence and when she was done, she turned me around look at myself.

I let out a loud gasp at the image that was staring back at me.

“Cami! I look so gorgeous!” I gushed.

She bowed her head dramatically, “You’re welcome.”

“But why all this effort? What’s the program about anyway?” I asked her still staring at my reflection.

“You’ll find out when we get there.” She said nervously and I turned to give her a suspicious stare.

“Cami—”

“Oh look at the time, we’re going to be late. Why don’t you put on your dress while I glam myself up.” She said shutting me up.

I shook my head at her and moved to grab my dress from the bed before wearing it and I loved the way it felt on me.

I used my phone to play Candy Crush while she got ready and when she was finally done, I slipped on my shoe and grabbed my purse with my phone.

“Why am I dressed so glamorously and you’re not as glamorous?” I asked her as we moved downstairs.

“Because it’s your birthday and I’m not going to steal the shine from you.”

“Some birthday it is.” I muttered and moved to open the door.

I was met with Nathan and Leonard staring back at me.

“Happy Birthday ma’am.” They both chorused with a smile.

Yes, Nathan smiled.

“Oh my gosh thank you guys so much.” I said and moved to hug each of them individually, “I really appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome ma’am.” They answered again.

Nathan opened the door for Cami and I and we got in while he got into the front with Leonard.

Cami’s phone suddenly beeped and she grabbed it and typed a quick reply to whoever it was.

“Is everything okay?” I asked her.

“Ofcourse!” She cheered happily and I just gave her a suspicious look.

She was up to something.