Chapter 42

111k reads!!!

I can't thank you all enough😩😩

I love you all❤❤❤

“I don’t see why we have to do this again.” He said with a frustrated groan.

“Once again Jason, the only reason I’m doing this is because you’re going home and I won’t be able to check you every time now. Plus, you might be needing a nurse so I’ll have Rose check up on you twice every week.”

My ears perked up at the mention of the female nurse that had been causing my husband to smile recently.

I wasn’t exactly her best friend but I didn’t hate her either. She seemed nice enough but I couldn't help but feel like she had a huge crush on him due to all the smiling she always did around him but what did I know?

“About that, can I have a male nurse instead?” He suddenly said which caused Mira and I to give him a questioning look.

“Is Rose doing anything wrong?” She asked with a confused look.

“No no she’s great but I feel a male nurse would be better.” He said with a small shrug and I smiled when I realized he was only doing that because of me.

“Well while you guys finish up here I’ll go sign the remaining papers so we can leave.” I said and turned to leave the bickering duo.

I swear sometimes they acted like kids.

After much disturbance from Jason, Mira finally decided to discharge him a week after he woke up from his coma under the condition that he wouldn’t work for the next three weeks so he could heal properly at home and against my will, I was appointed as the baby sitter, or man-sitter in this situation.

I opened the door and was met with a familiar pair of blue eyes.

“James! What are you doing here?” I asked with a surprised smile.

“Well I tried calling but as usual your phone is pretty useless for you so I called Bella and she said you’d be here so here I am?” He said smiling proudly.

“When did you get back?”

“Very early this morning. How’s the husband?” He asked with a sarcastic tone which caused me to shake my head at him.

“He’s fine. He’s getting discharged and I was just on my way to sign the remaining papers.”

“Isn’t that too early?” He said as we turned to walk towards the reception.

“Well he isn’t giving them a chance and he managed to frustrate Mira so much that she’s willing to let him go.” I said with a small chuckle.

“Of course.”

“So how was your trip?” I asked finally reaching the desk and signing off.

“Great actually. The project is going well and should be finished in approximately six months all things being equal.” He said with a proud smile.

James had gone to London the day after Jason woke up to oversee the project they were building over there.

They planned on opening a hotel over there also and many more.

“I’m so sorry I couldn’t see you before you left.” I said in an apologetic tone.

“It’s fine. You were dealing with family and lucky for me, I had work to do.”

“Speaking of family, we’re having a get-together to celebrate Jason’s return, would you like to join us?”

“I wouldn’t want to impose.”