Chapter 36

WARNING!! LONG CHAPTER!!

I woke up to an empty bed and a refreshed body.

It was the first comfortable sleep I had in a week and this time around,my heart wasn't heavy.

I got up and took a quick shower before putting on a pair of jeans and a top I'd gotten from Cami.

I assumed that Ella, Dray and Cami had already left for work and suddenly remembered that I had a job too.

I suddenly moved to get my phone which was miraculously fully charged.

I switched it on and saw,

129 voice mails from him

52 messages from Teddy

23 messages from Brandon.

15 messages from Emma

5 messages from Tony (weird)

I deleted the voice mails I got from him and opened Teddy's messages which mostly consisted of him asking me to call him because he was worried and the remaining consisting of insults to my personality which actually made me laugh.

I opened Brandon's next all he kept texting was for me to call him because he was worried.

Emma also left the same message. Apparently she was back from France and my voice mail was full thanks to a certain someone so she had to leave messages because Brandon had told her what happened.

She mostly kept apologizing and asking for me to see her.

Tony's message was about us meeting up and the remaining four was a reminder and questions about why I hadn't replied him.

I quickly dialled Teddy number and the first thing he said was,

"Give me two good reasons why I shouldn't kill you right now?" I could picture the scowl on his face and all I could do was laugh.

"I'm so sorry Teddy. You know I would never leave you hanging."

"Then what happened? I've been worried sick about you." He said suddenly sounding upset and I could picture the frown on his face.

"A lot and I'm so sorry. I promise I'll tell you everything tomorrow." I said with a small smile even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Alright. I hope you're better now?"

"I am. Thanks a lot for covering for me, you're definitely getting a bonus at the end of the month."

"If that wasn't going to happen, I planned on kidnapping you until that husband of your gives me all his money." He said and in spite of the situation, I found myself laughing so hard.

"Of course. Like that would ever happen."

"Whatever. Amy really wants to see you, she claims you haven't come to see her and Julian in forever." He said and I could hear the shuffling of papers in the background.

"And she's very right. I promise I'll come over tomorrow for dinner."

"She'll be so glad. I'll let her know as soon as I drop the call."