Chapter 11

Monday was here again and I wasn't looking forward to the workload I would meet on my desk at the office but I was definitely looking forward to the new stories I would get to read.

I got ready and put on a cream blouse paired with a wine pencil skirt and wine heels. As much as I loved my heels, I preferred flats and sneakers any day but apparently work didn't.

I got downstairs and was met with the usual silence and since Andrea didn't arrived till later, I grabbed an apple and walked towards the door not forgetting to grab my house keys in case nobody was home when I got back but when I opened the door, I definitely wasn't expecting what I saw.

I closed the door and locked it behind me then walked up to him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you to work ma'am." He said with his usual stoic face.

"And how did you know I'd be leaving by this time."

"I had no idea ma'am. I'm just following orders."

"From who?" I asked already knowing the answer to the question.

"Mr. Anderson ma'am."

"Is your boss stalking me because I don't remember telling him about my work schedule." I said folding my arms while looking at him.

"I have no idea ma'am." He answered then turned to open the door for me.

I glared at him for a while longer which didn't seen to have any effect on him and got into the car.

"Good morning Miss Andrews." A cheery looking Leonard greeted me from the driver's seat.

"Good morning Leonard, you know you can call me Kayla right? You're way older than me and I don't mean that in an insulting manner but I just feel you should."

"Okay. How was your weekend Miss Kayla?" He said with a knowing smile which caused me to roll my eyes playfully at him.

"It was fine thank you. How was yours?"

"Eh–it was like every other weekend." He said with a small smile and turned to start driving.

"How was your weekend Nathan?" I asked referring to the stoic faced man that sat in the passenger seat.

"It was fine ma'am." He said in a monotone voice.

"You don't happen to have a girlfriend do you Nathan? Because I don't think any girl can stand an expressionless man." I said then quickly regretted because I was being an hypocrite. I was getting married to one.

Leonard's light chuckle interrupted by thoughts,

"That's just how Nathan is, he gets like that when he's on duty."

"Well I don't like it, I prefer a happy person to an expressionless person anyday. Atleast you're not like Nathan which I'm grateful for, if I had to deal with two of Nathan everyday I'd probably run away." I said honestly.

The rest of the car ride was filled with a comfortable silence and a few minutes later, we arrived at my office and before I could move, Nathan was by my side opening my door.

"Bye Leonard." I called out to him.

"See you later Miss Kayla." He answered and I offered a small smile to Nathan expecting to be answered with his signature face but instead, he offered a small smile back and, "Have a nice day ma'am."

I muttered a thank you and smiled to myself as I walked inside, I guess today was gonna be full of surprises.

My smile soon faded when I was on my way to my office and I saw Ted's empty chair.