Chapter 17

Food!

That was the first thing that I woke up to and immediately my stomach grumbled so as a responsible stomach owner, I got up and walked straight to the source of that wonderful aroma which I was sure belonged to Jane.

She was a life saver and sometimes I wondered what I would have been like without her. Call me dramatic but food was enough for me to act like I was trying to win the freaking Grammy’s.

“I swear Jane you are a lifesave—” I said as I walked into the kitchen and froze once I realized that it wasn’t Jane in there, it was Jason and he was….cooking?

I must have woken up in the wrong earth because this was too good to be true, or maybe I was dreaming. I pinched myself and gave a tiny squeal once I felt it. Nope! I was definitely not dreaming, Jason was cooking in the kitchen and it smelled nice.

Maybe he was trying to kill me with a bad meal that smelled good or better still he might just be a good cook and poison it so I would eat well and die after. He didn’t hate me that much did he?

I was still overanalyzing his death plan when my mind suddenly reminded me that he was shirtless.

Oh God!

He was going to be the death of me.

How could someone as obnoxious and annoying as him be so good looking? I swear sometimes the handsome ones don’t deserve it and Jason was a perfect example. His back was toned to perfection and the way his muscles flexed as he moved his hands around the pot and I had to admit he looked extremely hot.

Too hot.

The room suddenly became hot and even though I wasn’t wearing much, I still felt a little bit flushed and his trousers were hung dangerously low on his waist.

Maybe I could just break his head and then he wouldn’t look so good as a dead person.

Okay! Now I was over-analyzing it.

His head suddenly turned and he gave a surprised look once he noticed my presence which caused me give give a surprise squeal and I silently hoped he didn’t see me checking him out but as usual, the heavens were against me.

“Like what you see?” He asked with his stupid smirk.

“Yeah you wish.” I said rolling my eyes and moved to take a seat while trying my best not to check him out one more time. It wasn’t an easy task I tell you.

“Come on Hazel, you could just take a picture because we all know that will last longer.” He said with a small smile which caused his dimples to show.

Damn those dimples.

His smile was having an effect on me and I didn’t like it. Just yesterday we were screaming our heads off at each other and I said I hated–sorry hate him and now he was giving me a smile that showed his damned dimples.

I hate him!

No you don’t. My subconscious reminded me so I pushed her to the back of my head.

“Whatever Jason. Just gimme food, I’m hungry.” I said dismissing him.

“And what makes you think I’m preparing breakfast for you?” He asked with a raised eyebrow and an all too serious face which made my face turn red with embarrassment.

“Right. Sorry about that, please can you moved away so I can prepare breakfast. I’m hungry.” I said with a straight face and for a while we just stared at each other until his face finally broke and he burst into laughter.