1

Skai's POV

Skai's POV

"Ok, so I've decided I'm going to do it." I told Jayka as we sat side-by-side at our usual table in the high school cafeteria.

She rolled her eyes. "You've said this before and you've always changed your mind."

"No, for real this time. It's going to be my 16th birthday and I'm going to ask my mom for one thing - to meet my father. I could ask for a huge sweet 16 party, I could ask for a car, I could ask for the iPhone 10, but no, I want want one thing, to meet my father - or at least know who he is. That sounds good, right?"

Jayka smiled, "It does sound good, now let's just see you actually ask her."

"I will. Tonight. Maybe I'll stop by Popeye's on the way home from school and get her some spicy chicken to get her in a good mood then I'll ask her."

Jayka laughed, "For real though, Popeye's or not do you think she'll actually say yes?"

"Look Jayka, I either don't ask, and I don't get to meet him, or I ask, and there's a slim chance that I might actually get somewhere. I'm just tired of not knowing."

"You're right, I'm completely behind you on this." The bell rang for us to go back to class so we grabbed our trash to throw out and got up.

I thought about it as I walked to my next class. I really didn't know how my mom would react. It was always just the two of us. See we've lived in New York since I was born and my grandparents, my aunt Solo, and my mom's best friend Kelly all live in Texas. Of course my mom and I have friends here, but no family, and my mom has never even dated anyone, at least not that I know of.

When I was a kid, of course I would ask about my dad. Almost every other kid in my class had a dad, why didn't I? Even if their dad didn't live with them or they didn't get to see him that often, they at least knew about him. For me, the stork might as well have dropped me off because there's no evidence that I ever had a dad - no pictures, videos, stories, nothing.

Whenever I would ask, my mom would freeze up. Then she'd give some vague answer about how he was long gone before she even knew she was pregnant with me.

I don't wanna say I would change how things are. Since it's just my mom and I, she's really my best friend. I love her to death and she's the best mom in the world, but I still feel like a huge part of me is missing. I just want to know the truth.

Beyoncé's POV

Text from Skai 💙: Can Jayka and I grab food after school?

Reply: If you bring me some. 😛

Text from Skai 💙: I got you, I'll be home by 4:30! 😙

I laughed and set my phone down. This girl was always eating, but hey she got it from her mama.

I just walked in the door after getting home from work and got changed into some comfy clothes. I work at New York Presbyterian Hospital as the Chief Nursing Officer. I started working there as a nurse right around the time I got pregnant with Skai and I've been there ever since. I absolutely love it, working there is a dream come true.

Now that I have an hour or so to myself until she gets home with my food, I think I'll take a much needed nap.

One Hour Later

"Maaaaaaaa where you at?!" I heard Skai yelling from the bottom of the stairs.

"Well I was up here enjoying a nice nap til you came in with yo loud mouth."

She ran upstairs and kissed me on the cheek and handed me a box of Popeyes. "Does this make up for waking you up?"

"Is this spicy chicken?"

"Is there another option?"

"Ok then yes it makes up for it." I sat down with my food ready to savor this moment when I noticed Skai just staring at me smiling like she wanted something. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing, I can't just admire my gorgeous mother?"

I cackled. Either she did something really bad or she wants something. "No...now what do you want?"

She pretended to look surprised at what I said, "Why I gotta want something? I am appalled at this accusation!"

I bit into the first piece of chicken and moaned at how delicious it was. "You know, I got a nap in and some spicy chicken...it's Friday night, I'm in a damn good mood right now so you might as well ask for whatever it is you want."

"Ok." Skai took a deep breath. "I want...I want to meet my dad."

A/N: Hi everyone! This is my first Wattpad story and I hope you all like it :) Please vote and leave me feedback! 

What do you think is going to happen next?

Do you like it so far?