19

Beyoncé's POV

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay tonight baby?" I asked Skai for the one-millionth time.

"YES mom," she said rolling her eyes. Normally I'm not with the eye rolling but even I knew I was being annoying. It's been about a month since Skai was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and this is the first night I'm leaving her alone since then. I know that she can take care of herself but I'm still nervous. "I know how to count my carbs and I know that if I eat 15 grams of carbs I need to take 1 unit of insulin. I know that I need to check my blood sugar before bed and have a snack of carbs and protein if it's too low. Relax, I got this."

"I know you do, I'm just worried is all."

I heard the doorbell ring and knew it was Shawn coming to pick me up. We were going to this fancy dinner to celebrate a new music streaming platform he just launched, TIDAL.

"Okay, I'm leaving. Call me if you need anything, okay? I mean it," I said giving Skai a hug before leaving.

"I'll be fine, mom!" she said. "Have fun tonight! Say hi to my girl Rih Rih for me." I rolled my eyes and laughed. This girl is too much.

I answered the door and Shawn's jaw dropped. "Damn," he said and I did a little spin to show off. 

"Oh, you like this? It was just a little something I had lying around," I said

He pulled me in and gave me a kiss then whispered in my ear, "You look too damn good to be going out tonight, I think we should just stay in."

"Tempting, but this is your music platform, you should probably be there," I said.

He just shrugged, "Exactly, I'm the boss, I'll get there when I get there."

"Your daughter is inside, let's go," I said laughing.

"Fine, fine," he said putting his hands up in defense. He took my hand and led me down to the limo that was picking us up.

---

"I'm nervous that I'm gonna look like a peasant next to all of these celebrities," I whispered to Shawn as we walked inside.

He shot me a look like I was crazy. "Bey, you're gonna be the most beautiful woman in the room tonight. Hell, you're the most beautiful woman in every room."

I smiled as my cheeks turned bright red. "Thank you baby."

"You really nervous or just looking for a compliment?" he asked laughing.

I playfully elbowed him in the side, "I really am nervous!"

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and grabbed my hand. "We're gonna have a great time tonight, baby, don't worry."

We got seated at our table and I decided to go to the bathroom before dinner would be served. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had that idea because there was a long line for the ladies room.

The woman in behind me in line flashed me a smile. I knew she looked familiar and was definitely famous, but I couldn't remember her name.

 I knew she looked familiar and was definitely famous, but I couldn't remember her name

"Hi, I'm Rita," she said and stuck out her hand for me to shake it. That's right, she's Rita Ora.

I returned her smile and shook her hand, 'I'm Beyoncé."

"Nice to meet you, Beyoncé. Are you a friend of Shawn's?" she asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm his girlfriend."

"Oh! I didn't know he had a girlfriend!" Rita said sounding surprised.

"Oh yeah, we just started dating again a few months ago," I said. I don't know why I'm giving her so much information but whatever, it's not like I'm a celebrity, who's gonna care about my personal life?"

"Again?" Rita asked.

"Well we actually dated back in college, but it's a long story," I said, not wanting to get into everything with a total stranger.

She just nodded.

"Do you want me to hold your phone and purse while you use the bathroom?" she asked when I got to the front of the line.

"Sure, thank you," I said smiling. She seemed sweet.

I handed her my stuff and used the bathroom and held her stuff for her while she used the bathroom.

"I couldn't help but notice your lock screen, is that your little sister or something? She's absolutely gorgeous!" she said to me as we walked out of the bathroom.

I laughed, "Oh that's actually mine and Shawn's daughter, thank you though!"

"Wow! You do not look old enough to have a teenage daughter! And I had no idea Shawn had a daughter - he can be pretty private about his personal life though," she said.

I smiled and accepted her compliment but I wasn't going to get into the fact that Shawn had no idea he had a daughter either until very recently. I spotted Shawn at our table and said to Rita, "It was very nice meeting you, Rita. I'm sure I'll see you around."

"Likewise!" she said waving to me as she headed to her table and I turned to go to mine.

"Why were you talking to her?" Shawn asked me sounding concerned when I got back to our table.

"Oh your friend, Rita? We met in the bathroom, she seems really sweet," I answered.

"She is not my friend and she is not sweet," Shawn said to me quietly. "She is crazy, don't talk to her again."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

He sighed, "Look...me and Rita used to mess around a while back, like months before I even got that letter from you, but I broke things off and she completely switched up on me. She kept sending me naked pictures and popping up in my office in lingerie and shit...she's not even supposed to contact me anymore without going through my assistant first, it was that bad."

My eyes widened. Rita seemed totally normal but you never really know. "Wow...why did you break things off with her?"

"She started to catch feelings for me and I told her from the jump that I wasn't looking for a relationship or any of that...so I tried to put an end to things before her feelings got too deep but I guess it was too late."

I just shrugged, "Well maybe she's over it now because she was very friendly with me."

Shawn shook head and put his hands up, "Think what you want but just don't talk to her again, ok?"

"If you say so," I said before taking a sip of my drink.

---

Thank you all for reading.

Please vote and comment! 💙 

What do you think of Rita?

Is Shawn telling the truth about her?