13

Beyoncé's POV

I sat in the hospital nervously bouncing my leg waiting for Shawn, Idris, and Lyndell to show up for the paternity test. I had a strand of Skai's hair with me because I didn't want her to meet any of the men before I learned which one was actually her father.

To tell you the truth, I don't even know which one I'm hoping is her father. It'd be easier logistic wise if it was Shawn since he's the only one who lives in New York and the only one who isn't married, but if it was Lyndell or Idris then that would save me from dealing with all of the feelings for Shawn that I've had buried deep inside for the past 16 years.

But after yesterday, with all of the tension there was between us, and that kiss... I know he still has feelings for me. So whether Skai is his or not, this probably won't be the last I see of Shawn Carter.

Anyway, they all showed up as promised and the lab technician, Amanda, took a swab from the inside of their cheeks to run the DNA test.

"How long do you think it'll take?" I asked her.

"For you, five minutes," she said.

"Thank you," I said smiling at her. Working high up in a hospital can have its perks.

We all sat nervously in the waiting room just waiting for her to come back out and tell us the results. I think we were all too nervous to make small talk or anything, which I was kind of glad about.

"Beyoncé?" Amanda said coming out to the waiting room. I stood up to meet her and she handed me the envelope with the results. "Good luck with everything," she whispered for only me to hear.

Thank God for healthcare privacy laws because if she tries to start any office gossip about me not knowing who the father of my child is, her job is on the line. But Amanda and I were cool so hopefully it wouldn't even be an issue.

I opened the envelope as all three of the looked at me nervously. As I read the results I let out a deep breath.

"Shawn...you're her father," I said.

His immediate reaction was look of shock, but also a smile, which I was glad about. Skai wanted to meet her dad so badly so it would crush me if her dad didn't feel the same way.

"Thank God," Idris and Lyndell said simultaneously and I shot them a look.

"Sorry, Bey, I think we're both just glad we can stay married now," Idris said chuckling.

"No you're fine, I definitely understand that," I said.

"In that case, it was good seeing you Beyoncé. Shawn, congrats man," Idris said getting up. He gave me a small hug and dapped Shawn up before leaving.

"I can't lie and say I'm not a tiny bit disappointed," Lyndell said standing up next to me. "But I guess we were never meant to be, Bey."

"Lyndell, you don't still love me do you?" I said quietly for only him to hear.

He lightly chucked, "I'll always have love for you Bey, but my wife and kids are my world."

I smiled feeling relieved. "I'm happy for you.

I gave him a goodbye hug. "Good luck with everything," he whispered, hugging me back before leaving.

Shawn's POV

Beyoncé and I sat inside of New York Presbyterian hospital after getting the results of the paternity test. She looked ridiculously fine, even more beautiful than yesterday, which I didn't even think was possible. I was starting to wonder if she just looked this damn good every day or if she was trying to impress me. My ego wants to think she's getting dressed up for me so I'll go with that.