6

Present Day, Beyoncé's POV

"From that day on, we were basically inseparable. Wherever you saw Shawn, there I was, right there beside him. Three months later, we were saying I love you, six months later, I gave him my virginity, by the end of that school year, he had met my family and he was telling me he was going to marry me. He was my lover and my best friend. I trusted him with every ounce of me. I was dangerously in love with him. But one day it all came to a crashing halt."

Skai's eyes went big, "What happened?" she asked as she stuffed a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

I took a deep breath and began to tell the story of the day that changed my life forever.

"It was the end of our last semester of college and we were HYPE. Like I said, I only lived about an hour from the school and Shawn was pretty close too, so we actually only lived about a half an hour away from each other, so we didn't need to worry about what was gonna happen with us after college. And, like I said, he kept saying he was gonna marry me. And whenever he proposed, I knew I would say yes. We were young but I really thought he was the one."

"At this point, Kelly and Nelly had broken up over...something, I don't really remember, but it must've not been anything too serious because I was still on a friendly basis with him. And Kelly and I were ride or die for each other. If a guy hurt her, he was dead to me, and vice versa. Anyway..."

May 2003

It was our last semester here

It was our last semester here. We had graduated yesterday and Shawn was headed back home today. Kelly and I were just gonna spend one more night then head home tomorrow morning. I was over Shawn and Nelly's just hanging out and helping him pack up his stuff.

"Can you believe we actually graduated?" I asked Shawn as I put some of his stuff in a box.

"It goes by so fast, I can't believe we made it." He replied as he took clothes off of hangers and folded them up.

"Why do you have to leave tonight I'm gonna miss you." I gave him my best pouty face and walked over to him.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "After you get home tomorrow I can come see you."

"I know I'm just gonna miss you tonight." I said and gave him a seductive look.

"Well..." he started to say but Nelly interrupted him, "Hey guys, still here."

I blushed and stepped back from Shawn to go back to packing boxes. I have to admit I did actually forget Nelly was in there for a minute. "My bad, Nelly." Shawn just laughed at me being embarrassed. We continued to joke and make small conversation as we packed up.

"Alright, you ready to bring a round of boxes down to my car?" Shawn asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded, "Let me just go pee first." As I turned to go to the bathroom I heard someone knocking on the door but I didn't really think anything of it until I came back and saw Shawn looking like he saw a ghost and this attractive woman, who looked to be about my age, at the doorway: