11

Present Day Beyoncé's POV

Like I said, whenever something big happened in my life, my first instinct was to tell Kelly. Even though we lived hours away from each other, she was still my best friend. Luckily she got married 5 years ago and her husband, Tim, works for the FBI in Washington D.C., which is much closer to New York than Houston. So now she's just a couple of hours away from me by train and we can see each other much more often than we could before she moved.

Skai was spending the day at her friend Jayka's house so I figured now was a good time to tell Kelly all about how I told Skai about her father(s) and how she wants to meet him. I picked up the phone and dialed her number.

"Hey Bey, just gimme one second," she answered sounding out of breath.

"Tim!" I heard her yelling in the background. "Come get your son for a second please!"

"Okay, I'm back," she said, getting back onto the phone.

I smiled, "How's my nephew doing??" Kelly gave birth to her son, Titan, 4 years ago and he's the cutest thing.

"Girl, he is always keeping me on my toes. He has way too much energy! But he's great."

I laughed, "Yeah I remember those days," I said remembering when Skai was little and how tired she kept me.

"How is my little Skai Kelendria?" she asked.

"She's good but not so little, my baby's gonna be sixteen soon!"

"I can't believe that, time goes by so fast, it really feels like just a couple years ago when I met her for the first time, and it feels like yesterday that I had Titan."

"It really does...speaking of, can I tell you what Skai wants for her sixteenth birthday?"

"Lemme guess..." she answered. "A car?"

"Hah!" I laughed, "Girl I wish...she wants to meet her father."

Kelly was quiet for a second. "Wow Bey, what did you tell her?"

"I told her everything," I replied. "I told her about Lyndell, and then Shawn, and then Idris, and then Lyndell again. And now she wants to find out which one is her father and meet him."

Kelly said, "How did she react? And how do you feel about all of this?"

"She honestly took it so well, I'm always just in awe of how mature and amazing she is. I told her I want her to be able to know who her father is but she has to be patient and give me time and she said she would. But I don't know Kelly, I'm a mess, I don't know what to do."

"Tell me what's going through your head," Kelly said. I always said Kelly could've had a great career as a therapist if she wasn't a teacher, but hell, she acts as a therapist for her students half the time anyway.

"I'm so scared. First of all, I have to find them-"

"I bet Tim could help you out with that, being in the FBI and all I'm sure they wouldn't be hard for him to track down," she interrupted.

"That's true, good point."

"And if all else fails I'm sure they're on Facebook or something."

"See that's exactly why I'm been off the grid social media wise all these years, I didn't need Shawn or Lyndell finding me or seeing a picture of Skai and trying to put two and two together," I said. "But anyway, like I was saying, after I find them I have to tell them and what if they hate me, Kelly? Or worse, what if they don't want anything to do with Skai, what am I supposed to tell her then?"