28

Shawn's POV

"I know it's early and we don't know the gender yet or anything but I saw this adorable baby store on the way home from work today and I couldn't help myself," Beyoncé said through the phone. I smiled hearing how excited she was about this pregnancy.

"I just got a few onesies and toys and decorations for the nursery, but I know it's still so early so I'll try to control myself from now on," she laughed. "Oh, Shawn, I should've waited for you, I shouldn't have gotten all of this stuff without you I'm so-"

I cut her off. Beyoncé tends to ramble when she's excited about something and if you don't put a stop to it, it might never end. I chucked, "Bey, don't worry about it, I think it's great how excited you are and I can't wait to see what you got. I'll come over and see everything as soon as I land tomorrow." I was out in LA all week for business and tomorrow I'll finally be back home.

Beyoncé chuckled lightly, "Ok, that sounds great, baby, I miss you." I smiled knowing she was over there making a pouty face without me even having to see her.

"I miss you too, baby, I can't wait to see you and Skai."

"OH Shawn! When the time comes can we do one of those gender reveal things that are all over the Internet?! Like a cake or something tells you if it's gonna be a boy or a girl?!"

I laughed at how quickly she changed the subject. "Of course, Bey, whatever you want."

"Baby I gotta go, I'm meeting Ty for drinks in a bit, ok? I love you and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ok, I love you too. Have fun tonight."

---

"Damn Shawn, pregnant? How you feeling about all this?" Ty asked as we sat down in the VIP section of this club.

"Honestly, man, I couldn't be happier," I smiled genuinely. "Yeah it's soon and we've only really been together for six months but I don't see it that way. I've known I was gonna marry that girl since I was 21, and we already have Skai together, so it just feels right, you know?"

"Well that's great, I'm happy for you....so are you thinking of proposing soon?"

I rubbed my hand over my face. "See that's the thing. I was thinking of proposing soon but Ion want Bey to think that I only wanna marry her now because of the baby or anything. I want to her know that I wanna marry her because I wanna marry her, so now I feel like it might be best to wait until a little after the baby is born. Ion know, what do you think?"

"On the other hand, if you don't propose now she might get impatient and think that if you don't wanna marry her when she's having your baby then you're never gonna wanna marry her."

I shook my head, "I don't think she'll feel that way. She knows I love her."

Ty shrugged, "Ok man, you know her better than I do." 

---

 Beyoncé's POV

After Shawn and I hung up, I dialed Kelly's number.

"Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-probably almost Carter, to what do I owe the pleasure?!" Kelly answered.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry Kells, I know it's been a while since we've talked. Things have just been crazy lately."

"Yeah, yeah, I guess I'll forgive you....this time. So what's going on?"

I chuckled. "So I have some news."

"I'm listening."

"So it turns out...I'm pregnant!"

"What!! Congratulations!! That's amazing!!"