15

Shawn's POV

I sat outside the bathroom for about ten minutes before Kelly came out with Beyoncé following close behind her. I could tell that she had been crying.

"Beyoncé," I said standing up and she turned to look at me. She looked over to Kelly but Kelly dipped out of there with the quickness when she saw me.

Beyoncé sighed before looking back at me.

"Look, I never meant to hurt you or make you feel any type of way with all those gifts I got for Skai. I just wanted to do it for her because of all of the birthdays that I wasn't able to be a part of. I know that gifts can't make up for lost time but I just wanted to do something. But I didn't want to hurt you or make you cry and I'm so sorry," I said.

She took my hand and pulled me to sit down on the bench with her. "Shawn, it's not even about that. It's just..." she said and looked away.

"What, Bey?" I asked softly.

"Because I'm the reason you missed her first 15 birthdays. And you've shown me that you're such a great father and tonight was just another reminder of how my selfishness kept you and her apart for so long. Hell, if it wasn't for her you two would've probably never met and it's all my fault and I hate myself for that," she said, practically sobbing at this point.

I put my arms around her and pulled her into my chest. "You're forgiven, Beyoncé. Skai and I forgive you, you need for forgive yourself, ma."

She nodded as she continued to cry into my chest.

"Did you not tell anyone about her because you thought it was what was best for her?" I asked.

She pulled away from me and wiped her eyes. "I did. At 21 years old, scared, alone, and heartbroken...I really did."

I nodded. I was still curious about how/when she slept with Idris and Lyndell so close to the time that we were together, but I didn't feel like this was the best time to bring it up. "Then I forgive you."

"Thank you," she said smiling, "for your forgiveness, for getting Rihanna here, for being a great dad to Skai, for everything."

I smiled back but before I could reply Skai came around the corner. "There you guys are, is everything okay?"

"Uh, yeah," Beyoncé answered. She sounded nervous like we got caught in the middle of something even though we were genuinely just talking. "What's up?"

"Can I spend the night at Jayka's house?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course," Beyoncé answered then got up to go back to the party with Skai.

I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face. Giving her space and time is harder than I thought it was going to be.

---

After getting home I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Beyoncé. Screw giving her space honestly. Tonight was the first time that her guard finally seemed to be down and I wasn't gonna let this opportunity pass by.

---

Beyoncé's POV

By the time I got home from the party and showered and took care of all of my hygiene and everything it was going on 1 am and I was finally about to get into bed when I heard my doorbell ring.

"Ughhhhhhh," I groaned. I was thisclose to getting into bed. I grabbed the baseball bat that I kept next to my bed (don't judge me) and threw on a robe before making my way to the front door.