20

Shawn's POV

"Hey baby, you look beautiful," I said as I greeted Beyoncé with a kiss.

"And you look beautiful too," I said to Skai as she came down stairs.

"Thanks, daddy!" she said giving me a hug

"Yeah, thanks daddy," Beyoncé whispered in my ear.

"PLEASE tell me that our seats aren't together because I'm already sick of y'all," Skai said pretending to gag.

Beyoncé turned bright red and put her hand over her mouth and I just laughed and shook my head. "You were not supposed to hear that," she said.

"Mama you know good and well that being quiet isn't either one of our strengths," Skai said.

"I know that's right," I said chuckling and Beyoncé and Skai both gave me the same look. I swear they were the same person sometimes.

I'm taking them to a Nets game today and Skai was so excited because she's a huge Nets fan and a huge basketball fan in general. What I didn't tell her, but did tell Beyoncé, was that we have court side seats, and court side seats to any other game she wants to go to in the future. She's gonna freak out and I can't wait.

"Can I have the aux?" Skai asked as we got in the car.

I handed her the aux cord and prepared to listen to Rihanna for the entire drive, which was pretty much what happened. I never realized how sexual most of Rihanna's songs are until I heard my 16 year old daughter singing along to "Call me rude boy, boy is you big enough?" and "I know you wanna see me naked, naked, naked." It kind of caused me to cringe a little bit. From what Beyoncé's told me though, Skai hasn't had any boys around her yet and I plan on keeping it that way until she's at least 35....or maybe 40.

We pulled up to Barclays Center and I gave my car to the valet and handed him a $100 bill. "Can we get nachos?" Skai asked as we walked in.

"No, but we can get hot wings," Beyoncé replied.

"Get nachos and hot wings, I'll share with both of y'all," I said. Beyoncé and Skai looked at each other and shrugged. "Bet," Skai said. Beyoncé handed her a $20 for nachos and walked with me to the line for hot wings.

"Wait a second," I said remembering my first conversation with Skai. "Word on the street is that you really think boneless wings are better than regular wings."

She furrowed her eyebrows at me, "You...don't think that boneless wings are better than regular wings?"

"No, and neither does Skai, I converted her to my ways," I said smiling proudly.

Beyoncé laughed, "You did NOT corrupt my daughter like that!"

"My daughter, too. She gets her good taste in wings from me," I said laughing.