22

Shawn's POV

It's been about a week since the whole Rita situation and tomorrow I have a meeting with her and our lawyers where I let her know that I will be breaking her contract.

Not only has she sexually harassed me on multiple occasions, but now she went as far as to steal my phone and harass my girlfriend. Nah, I've been nice long enough, she's done now.

Anyway, today is the calm before the storm. Skai is coming by my office after she gets done school because I promised I'd show her around Roc Nation Headquarters, then Bey is gonna meet up with us for dinner.

Speaking of Bey, I'm so thankful we're on good terms again. I know better than anyone how stubborn she can be, so I'm glad we were able to resolve things so quickly.

As I was thinking this, my phone rung. Yes, I went out and got a new phone after shutting down the old one the Rita stole.

I saw that it was my lawyer, and one of my closest friends, Ty, probably to say something related to tomorrow, so I picked it up.

"Wassup, Ty?" I answered.

"Look man, I've been going over her contract with Roc Nation, and honestly...unless you wanna go and press charges over the sexual harassment stuff, then I don't think there's any other way out except buying her out of her record deal, which is gonna cost you $20,000 at this point."

"I told you, I don't care how much it cost, I'm over it. $20,000 is nothing to me anyway," I shrugged.

Ty chuckled, "As your best friend, I knew you'd say that, but as your lawyer, I'm obligated to tell you all of this information.

I nodded, "I know, I know."

"So anyway, Rita drama aside, how are Beyoncé and Skai? When am I gonna get to finally meet them?" 

"They're great, everything is great. In fact, Skai's actually coming by the office in a bit so I can show her around. I'm hoping you can meet them soon, man."

"Yeah, you know I gotta give her my stamp of approval before y'all take this thing to the next level," he said, laughing.

I just laughed and shook my head. "Look, someone's on my other line so I'ma let you go."

"Aight man, see you tomorrow," he said before hanging up.

"Hello?" I said, picking up the other line.

"Hi Mr. Carter, your daughter is here to see you," my assistant, Michael, said (yep, I learned over the years that its wayyyyy less drama to have a male assistant).

I smiled, "Great, I'll be right out."

I walked out of my office and down the long hallway to get to Michael's desk to pick up Skai.

"Hey sweetie," I said giving Skai and hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Hi dad!" she answered back.

"You ready for the grand tour?"

"Yes!" she answered excitedly.

I showed her all around the building - it's mostly offices and stuff but there's also recording studios. I brought her into the studio where Rihanna records pretty often and she damn near lost her mind.

After showing her around everywhere I brought her back to my office where I just had to take care of a few small things while we waited for Beyoncé to meet us.

As I was responding to an email, my phone rang and I picked it up seeing that it was Michael.

"Hello?" I answered.