26

Skai's POV

I was at Jayson's house...in his bedroom...in his bed. Fuck.

I remembered enough of last night to know that we certainly didn't have sex, but I didn't have any memory of the circumstances that led to me waking up in his bed.

As I was getting my thoughts together, the door opened and in walked Jayson holding two cups of coffee and smiling at me. "Well look who's finally awake." He handed me a mug, "I didn't know if you like coffee, but figured you could use some."

I took the mug and smiled, "I do like coffee, thank you."

He sat down in a chair across from his bed.

"So what the hell happened last night?" I asked. "I mean, I remember most of the night, just not exactly how I ended up here."

He chuckled lightly. "So it got late and you weren't really in a condition to go anywhere so I let you sleep it off in my bed. Jayka and her boyfriend wanted to take you back to her house but you were out cold so they decided it was best to just let you sleep here."

I nodded. "I...um...I'm still in my dress?" I said more as a question than a statement.

"Yeah, I wasn't gonna change you or anything if you weren't in the right state of mind to say if it was ok."

I smiled, "You know you're an amazing guy, Jayson?"

He shrugged, "Yeah, I get that a lot."

I laughed at him and we continued to have casual conversation as we drank our coffee.

"So how you feeling now?"

"Kinda like crap," I answered truthfully. "I now know what a hangover feels like and I can't say I'm lovin' it."

He laughed, "Yeah, it be like that. But I know the perfect thing to make you feel better."

"What's that?"

"Just get ready and come outside when your good. Don't worry, my mom's at my grandparents picking up my siblings so she won't see you or anything."

I nodded, "Ok...the only thing is, this is the only clothes I have," I said motioning to my dress. No way was I setting foot out this house with my hair and makeup all a mess and my prom dress still on. I planned on just borrowing clothes from Jayka when I got to her house last night, but clearly I never made it that far."

"Hold on." He opened a drawer from his dresser and pulled out a white t-shirt and some sweatpants. "I know this'll probably be too big, but think it'll work for this morning?"

I shrugged, "Sure." He left the room and I got changed into his clothes. They were pretty baggy on me but to be honest, I loved the fact that I was wearing his clothes, and if he thought he was getting them back, he was trippin.

I ran my fingers through my hair to try to untangle it a little bit and pulled it into a high ponytail. I wiped off the mascara that was smudged under my eyelids and took a look in the mirror. I surprisingly didn't look terrible. I shrugged and went to meet Jayson outside of his room.

He gave me a bag to put my dress in from last night and I carefully folded it up and placed it inside before we left.

---

"Okay, you're totally right, I do feel much better now," I said as I took the last bite of my bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an everything bagel. We were sitting outside of a bagel shop on a bench as we ate our breakfast together. He swore that greasy food was the ultimate hangover cure. I was hesitant at first because just the thought of a heavy breakfast sandwich made my stomach turn, but he couldn't be more right.

"I told you. I think the grease and the carbs soak up all of the alcohol or something."

"Well, whatever it is, it works."

"That's for sure...so do you want me to take you home?"

"Yeah, that would probably be a good idea." I shot my mom a quick text to let her know that I was on my way. I conveniently left out where I was on my way from or who I was on my way with.

He took my hand and lifted me up from the bench. As we walked towards my mom's house, I started to get a nervous feeling in my stomach. "So Jayson..."

"So Skai..."

"I can't say I didn't have a great time last night. But this thing...this whole lying to my mom thing...it's just not a part of our relationship dynamic. It never has been and I don't want it to be. So sneaking around, lying about where I am and what I'm doing...it can't be a thing....sorry for rambling," I said chuckling nervously.

He nodded. "I respect that...and I don't wanna come between you and your mom. We can be law abiding citizens again," he said putting his arm around my shoulder.

I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder, "Thank you."

As we arrived at the corner of my street, I said, "Let's say goodbye here so my parents don't see you or anything. If I'm gonna lie this time I might as well lie successfully."

He laughed, "Good idea. But, before you go, I wanna ask you something."

I nodded, "Go ahead."

He looked down, suddenly nervous, "I want you to be my girl...ok, I guess that wasn't really a question, was it? Lemme try again...Skai...will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and wanted to give him an enthusiastic yes when I suddenly second-guessed myself.

"Jayson, I like you a lot. Like, a lot a lot. But you graduate at the end of this month. I don't wanna just be your girl for a few months then you go off to college and then what?"

He smiled, "I'm going to NYU. I'm not going off to anywhere."

"Jayson! NYU?! That's amazing!"

He nodded happily. "Yeah, I got a full ride scholarship, and it was my first choice because it's a great school and it's close enough that I can be there to help my mom and watch my brother and sister grow up."

"Jayson, I'm so, so proud of you. And proud to be your girlfriend."

He smiled and took both of my hands in his kissing me softly and slowly. I lingered there, not wanting to leave him, but knowing that I really need to not be making out with him on my street corner.

"Goodbye, Jayson."

"Goodbye, Skai."

---

*A/N: I really hope y'all noticed the parallel between Beyoncé and Skai both waking up in a guys' bed the morning after drinking not knowing how they got there. Like mother, like daughter.

Please vote and comment, comment, comment!