27

Beyoncé's POV

"Hey baby," I answered the phone seeing Shawn's name on the caller ID as I walked down the stairs to the cafeteria. It was finally my lunch break and I was starving. He was calling me earlier than I expected so I was guessing that things went well in court today.

"Hey, Bey, I have good news."

"Yeah?! What happened?!"

"The case is over. Rita's getting one year in prison for assaulting a minor, then once she gets out, a restraining order against me, you, and Skai, and she's not allowed within 100 feet of the Roc Nation building, and I was able to break her contract with no financial or legal repercussions."

I smiled as a feeling of relief washed over me. "That's great, I'm so happy to hear that, Shawn. You have to come over tonight to celebrate, I miss you," I said pouting even though I knew he couldn't see me. We haven't been able to see as much of each other lately because he's been wrapped up in the court case and everything, so I was glad that it was finally over, and I'm sure he will be too.

"I miss you too baby, I'll be over as soon as I get out of work tonight, okay?"

"Alright can't wait, love you."

"Love you too," he said, hanging up the phone.

As I was locking my phone and putting it in my purse, I missed the last step and rolled my ankle.

"Aaaaaaaah, shit," I winced as I bent down to grab my ankle.

"Damn, Bey, you okay?" I heard Nicki say as she came down the stairs after me. 

"I rolled my ankle coming down the stairs, it really hurts

"I rolled my ankle coming down the stairs, it really hurts."

"Here sit down, lemme see." I sat down and she grabbed my ankle to take a look at it. "No wonder you rolled your ankle, wearing this giant ass heels to work."

I rolled my eyes. Her and Michelle always made fun of me for wearing 4+ inch heels to work but whatever, just cause I work in a hospital doesn't mean I can't look fabulous.

"It's starting to swell already, let's take you down to the ER so they can make sure you didn't break it."

"Ughhhhhh," I groaned. I was not in the mood for this right now. She took my hand to help me up and as soon as I put any weight on it, the sharp pain was enough to make me sit back down.

"I can't walk on it Nicki."

She sighed. "Alright, come on," she picked me up bridal style, causing me to burst out laughing. "Laugh all you want but once we get down these stairs, your ass is hopping!"

After we got down the stairs, Nicki helped me hop to the ER and since they weren't too busy, they were able to take me back right away.

Nicki sat down in the room with me and I looked at her and smiled, "You're gonna stay here with me?"