1 I am a failure

"Are you dumb?" I said annoyed at this woman sitting in front of me

"Are you calling me dumb?!" The old lady screamed at me, like a crazy monkey.

"Nooo, I'm asking you, are you dumb"

I stayed there with a stupid smile plastered on my face, watching her face become redder and redder and the vein on her fat wrinkled neck inflated. Ew, had she never heard of botox? God knows, she needed it!

I forgot what I needed to say and how I needed to react in such a situation. I have never been in this situation in my life. Today... this was a common matter. Bad, bad day.

"Where's your manager?" The old nag, snapped me back to my sad reality, "I will make sure you are fired sooner than you can say 'sorry'".

'Sorry', that's what you need to say to the customer when you spill hot coffee all over their hideous old-fashioned blouse. How could I forget that?

"Hello," she clicked her fingers in front of my nose, "Manager, now!"

"Yes, I'm sorry." I finally said and turned around to go to Sarah's, my manager's, office.

As soon as I explained the situation to her, she left to console our 'offended client' as Sarah put it, or an 'overreacting bitch' as I name her. She told me to sit and wait for her there in the office. So here I am, sitting on the old, not very comfortable couch and beating myself up for being this poor, invalid human being.

No really, how difficult it could be to work as a waitress? Today I proofed it could be very difficult and challenging.

After a while she returned and glared. Her cute, sweet face morphed into one of anger and irritation.

"You spilled coffee on our customer, insulted her outfit and called her dumb." It didn't sound like a question, she already knew everything and was furious at me.

"Oh come on, It was an accident and I asked her if she's dumb." I sluggishly defended, looking down at my hands. I needed a manicure and soon. What color should I have my nails painted?

"An accident?!" The scream of an over exaggerating whale from Sarah's mouth brought me back to reality."How are you saying that you saved her from humiliation with the blouse that she was wearing an accident? You said she needed to throw it away. You said that the print on her blouse looked like someone puked all over her chest and coffee stains made it look a little bit better."

"Well..." I trailed off, trying to come up with any excuse, or act like I gave a shit about my actions, and I came empty-handed. None, Nada. Shit.

"And, you don't ask clients if they're dumb!" She rose her perfectly manicured finger, "You didn't even say sorry!"

I sighed heavily. I knew what would be next.

"Even though Alexis is my friend and she asked me for a favor. You're not shaped for this work at all. You were here for only two hours and I had three customers complaining about you. Three!" She emphasized. "You cut one's arm with a knife. Hit the other one with a chair, I hope he doesn't have a concussion, and will not sue us! And now this."