3 Here goes nothing

As I came to a big magnificent building, I already knew it wouldn't turn out well for me

As I came to a big magnificent building, I already knew it wouldn't turn out well for me. It never was. All those snobby, polished businessmen sitting in their comfortable leather chairs behind big wooden doors of their modern offices just never would give me a chance.

Especially when my selfish husband asked them for a favor. And he was not the man anyone wanted to cross... Not too sure why's that. Everytime he told me about his work, I felt my eyes becoming heavy and I just wanted to pass out from boredom. Never bothered to remember that information about him. I just knew he's the owner of a big corporation or something like that.

I smooth my skirt with sweaty hands and entered the big glass doors. The warm air hit my face and my bare legs as I stepped in and a luxury big hall greeted me. I nervously approached the reception desk where a beautiful blond girl was sitting with her eyes never leaving the computer screen and her fingers flying on the keyboard.

"Hi, I'm here for the interview..." I started confidently not quite sure what to say next.

A girl looked me up and down and smiled brightly at me.

"Yes, go for the thirty-fourth floor, Mrs. Brock will show you."

The ride in the elevator was short and the moment doors opened for me to see the floor I felt nervous. But I sucked it and went straight to an older woman sitting behind her desk.

Mrs. Brock reminded me of a granny from a Tweety cartoon with her tiny features and gray styled hair, but the look on her face was the one that can scare off Hitler. She could have been his nanny.

She studied me all the way from the elevator to her table with a sardonic expression on her face. I flashed her my best heartstopping fake smile and chirped:

"I'm here for the interview..."

"Your name," She interrupted me with a robotic voice.

"I'm, I'm Elizabeth Price..." The quiver in my voice was evident and I tried to compose myself to look more confident.

"You're not scheduled for today." She scanned through the list of names in her hand.

"Yes, I know that, but I thought I could try and..."

"Mrs. Price, Mr. Cambell is a very busy man, he has no time for people who thought they could just try and barge in unscheduled." Woah, this woman was taking her job way too seriously, she needed to relax.

I was thiiis close to snap back at her but the doors next to me opened and the most gorgeous man I have ever seen standing in the door frame, staring at me with absolutely no interest, indifferently. This could really ruin my ego. I mean, I'm beautiful, men always stare at me in awe.

"Who's this Mrs. Brock?" His rich, rough voice was a melody for my ears and I found myself immediately responding, despite being nervous.

"I'm Elizabeth Price, here for the interview,"  I said before old harpy could open her mouth. His perfect eyebrows rose a little in confusion and his beautiful blue eyes caught mine.