5 When it all began

My heels clicked on the marble floor of the foyer while I'm running to the elevator. I didn't want to be late and bring the satisfaction for Mrs. Brock aka the old witch, to scold me and tell on me to Mr. Cambell.

I believe Mrs. Brock's broomstick never got stuck in the horrible traffic and she's always on time for her work with her broomstick shoved up in her ass. Sorry for being extra bitchy today, but I'm not a morning person. Like at all.

I woke up early in the morning today to have some extra time to choose my clothes and do my makeup. It may or may not be because of the certain someone who was unfortunately my boss. But it's not a crime to imagine him bending me over that big wooden table in his office, is it?

Mrs. Brock looked me up and down and her thin lips fell into a deep scowl. This settled an uneasy vibe in the pit of my stomach. Not a positive atmosphere to be working in.

"Finally you arrived." She declared, I still have three minutes till nine, but I decided not to dwell on that. I needed to get to her good side... If she had any behind that tough, all wrinkled facade.

"Good morning, Mrs. Brock," I greeted her with a big smile. It was almost sincere but I guess she didn't believe me.

"You need to prepare coffee for Mr. Cambell, black, no sugar."  She instructed. "It should be on his desk at nine a.m. sharply every morning. You have to plan, schedule, and attend meetings and be one-hundred percent diligent in your note-taking. For now, you have to prepare these documents for a meeting at twelve o'clock. Also answer and sort down all the incoming calls."

"Umm, wow, ok" I mumbled to myself and went to my table, trying to keep all the tasks in my head.

My table with a laptop sat on the opposite side of the room from Mrs. Brock's. The room gave a clear view of the rest of the floor because of its glass walls. There were two soft armchairs with a small coffee table with different magazines and newspapers scattered over it.

So, what was that I need to do first? Coffee, great.

After fighting with a coffee machine for around fifteen minutes, I was practically on the edge of going to Mrs. Brock and surrender.

The annoying whirring sounds it made tests my patients. I didn't know what the hell was wrong with this damn coffee maker or with me. After a while of me pressing randomly on buttons I finally managed to prepare damn espresso.

"Well, I was in the process of calling the police for your search and rescue." Of course she felt the need to comment and put my mood even lower.

"Sorry, I wasn't familiar with this type (or any other for that matter) of the coffee maker, it took me some time," I explained and headed straight to my boss's office.

I knocked on the door and walked in. His office was large and furnished with all the necessary items. The boss himself sat behind his massive desk looking all perfect in his navy blue tailored suit. The images of him taking me right on this table swirling in my head like an annoying fly.

"What do you want?" His voice brought me back from the gutter where my mind found its permanent resident after meeting with this Greek god. "You daydreaming again and looking a little flushed, you ok?" He didn't sound concerned at all, more like annoyed by my intrusion and lack of response.

"Yes, I'm fine, a little nervous. I brought your coffee." I put the cup on the table and turned around to walk off.

"You're supposed to bring it at nine o'clock Ms. Price." He said with a hint of annoyance. "Do you like your new work so far?" His deep blue eyes looked me up and down with interest and something I couldn't decipher.