2 Me & my bestie

"That would be 35 dollars, miss." The driver told me looking slightly suspicious, probably still worried I wouldn't pay him.

With a heavy heart, I gave him my money and entered a large glass building, where my best friend's Alexiss office was.

We were friends for more than fifteen years already, and I could freely name her my only true friend.

Despite she was a really smart kid back in school with the potential to become an engineer or scientist, she was dragged in a model business. It was easy money and she and her family were always in need of some cash.

The two of us became models, but after I faced drugs, starvation from diets, and raping, I quit.

My mom was devastated, she always kept repeating to me that I don't need brains with my looks. All I needed was a wealthy and respected man. And in her mind working as a model would provide me with such a husband.

As for Alexis, she stuck to modeling, earned a lot of money, recognition, and respect, and opened her own agency.

She's my inspiration and I hoped one day I would become like her. Ha, ha just kidding, she worked like a horse to earn what she had now and I was just too lazy and needed a lot of rest and sleep to function.

Her assistant Hannah walked me into Alexis' office and told me to wait. I immediately peeked into her last drawer where I know she hid her sweets. Fishing a bar of chocolate and cookies out of there I sat comfortably on her couch and waited for my BFF to grace me with her presence.

As soon as she walked in and saw me, she shook her head

"Four hours... It's been four hours and you've got yourself fired already." I believed she already heard from Sarah.

"Before you start, you should have known better than to offer me that job." I pointed at her with my chocolate bar with accusation and kept chewing on my cookies in the other hand.

What? I eat a lot when I'm stressed, or nervous, or happy, or in any other mood. I have to eat for two, myself and my inner bitch.

"I know Eli,"  She finally sighed heavily. " You shouldn't give up. Stay strong, do not drop your spirit we will find something soon." This was Alexis as she comes. Always with her 'Never give up' and 'Stay strong and focus' shit.

"I don't know Lex, maybe I should return to Patrick and stop with this suffering?" I whined and looked helplessly at her. Not even the delicious taste of milk chocolate couldn't cheer me up.

"What? No! You can't return to that piece of shit like some looser. Not after what he said! You're strong and you'll get through this. Don't throw the towel before you did everything you can."

Lucky Alexis, she always had a strong will, character, principles, and aspirations. All I have is laziness, good appetite, and bad habits.

She didn't like my husband, kept repeating to me that I'm worth someone better, who would respect me. She was very proud of me when two weeks ago I appeared in front of her doors with my bags and all of my makeup smeared all over my face with tears.

Now you may be curious what the hell had he done?

It was Monday morning when he called me and asked to bring some important and necessary papers to his workplace as soon as possible after he had forgotten them at home. I was still sleeping at that moment and wasn't very happy to run through the city on his first call.

But as a good wife which I was trying to become, I got up and began dressing up, which took me a long time, as usual. In two hours, Patrick came running into the room with a furious expression on his face.