9 Battles in my head

"Wakey, wakey. You need to get ready for work" I heard Alexis chirpy voice and cringe, no one should be this gleeful in the morning. "Hurry up Eli! Or you gonna be late."

"But I don't wanna go," I whined hiding my face in the pillow.

"The fact that you fucked your boss doesn't mean you can now slack off!" She said suddenly sounding somewhat angry and harsh.

For a moment I was taken aback by her words. Her snarky remark made me regret what I told her yesterday. But there was so much going on that there was a possibility for me to burst if I didn't tell her.

"Alexis I didn't plan that to happen..." I said disbelievingly, propping myself up on my elbows to look at her.

"I know, I know, it's just the way you are." She waved her hand dismissively and turned around to leave the room.

"What a fuck that even means?" I shouted at her back but I had no response.

What an actual fuck? I was partly at a loss and confused with her bitchy comments. Another part was totally pissed off to start my day with this bullshit, this early in the morning.

Yesterday when I came to her, I told her everything, we laughed, she scolded me a little, but she wasn't angry or this ... bitter.

I remembered back to our conversation.

"Girl, how you've been this week?" She greeted me by the doors with kisses on my cheeks.

"Lex, you wouldn't believe me."  I quickly lose my shoes near her door and went straight to the kitchen.

"What? You're not been fired already, aren't you?" She asked cautiously like I was a lost cause. I rolled my eyes at her lack of faith in me, but I couldn't actually be mad at her. The girl had strong reasons for her doubts.

"Not yet," I made a face, "But I kissed with my boss." I almost whispered the last part, partly hopeful she won't hear me.

"You what?" She asked bewildered.

"And on Friday I got drunk and strip-danced for him." I continued to confess to all my sins regretfully, but a bright smile on my face could beg to differ.

"You what?!" Wow, I'm sure that all the neighbors heard that.

"Yeah, you know how horny I get when I'm drunk." We had a lot of episodes to share from my past. They weren't something I was proud of or something you could share with your grandchildren on Thanksgiving Day.

"Oh God," Alexis rubbed her face with her hand.

"And then we fucked." I finished, my cheeks become slightly pink just because of a mere mention of that fact.

"What?!!" I just became slightly deaf in one ear. Alexis' eyes couldn't get bigger and rounder. She looked like a very surprised lemur.

I lower my head, but I didn't feel shame at all. I felt happy and alive. This weekend with Ryan was amazing, the best I had in... forever.

"Tell me everything!" She demanded. And I did. I told her everything and we drank some wine and then went to sleep.

So now I was kinda confused why she's so angry at me. Did I miss something? I knew sleeping with your boss wasn't the smartest move but it was nothing to get this pissy, was it?

Quickly finishing with my shower I choose something to wear from Alexis wardrobe, something that will cover my neck, and went searching for her in the kitchen.