6 He stole my breath away

I was very anxious to come to work today. I even took a taxi, all the way thinking what would Lexi said if she finds out.

I didn't know why I'm so nervous, not my first time losing a job, but this time it felt different. I believed that this was my last chance to succeed, to prove Patrick wrong.

After I came to work Mrs. Broke sent me to make coffee for the boss. I was deep in my thoughts when I felt someone behind me. I squealed and dropped the cup with hot coffee on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, Elizabeth!" I lifted my eyes to meet with Theo's very guilty look. "I called your name and thought you heard me."

"No worries,"  I smiled, mostly because it is unreal not to smile, looking at his perfectly sculpted face,  "I tend to space away a little."

"Come on let me help you to clean this mess," He suggested, believing that I was going to clean all this mess. Ha! There are people whose work was to clean here, so I won't mangle in their business.

"I should quickly make another cup and take it to The Boss and a cup of green tea for Mrs. Broke won't make harm," I said and started preparing everything, Theo helping me.

"Oh yes, trying to get to her good side?" He joked.

"As if she has any," I puffed and turned around to walk to my office. "Thank you,"  I said glancing at him from behind my shoulder.

He smiled back, "My pleasure." Aw, cute motherfucker.

Reaching to my office, I put a cup of green tea in front of Mrs. Brock, effectively cutting her possible rant, and headed to the big wooden doors.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I quickly knocked on the door and after a loud 'Yes' I slid into the lion's den.
"Your coffee, Mr. Cambell" I squeaked.

He lifted his head and his electric blue eyes met mine, sending charges through my body right to my lower parts. I put the cup on his table and turned around to quickly vanish. I let out a breath I was holding when I almost reached the door and opened it.

"Mrs. Price,"  I froze in my tracks, my heart beat in my throat. "I wanted to thank you for your idea, it was good and we're working on it. But I could tell we will succeed. Good job." I whirled around with a stupid smile plastered on my flushed face.

"No problem sir, anything else?"

"No, go back to your work," And he returned his attention back to papers scattered all over his table.

Still with a stupid smile on my face, I sit behind my desk, Mrs. Broke watching me intently. I didn't care, I hadn't felt this good for a long time - like a schoolgirl receiving her first A.

I returned to my work and didn't lift my head up till lunchtime.

During lunch I decided to attend a small coffee shop right at the corner. I walked in the doors, looking around when a lean tall figure captured my attention.

"Well hello again Theo," I greeted him with a wide smile. The fact that he stood next in line and it won't be necessary for me to wait all this long queue to grab some coffee and a bite made my smile grew even wider.

"Elizabeth! This is faith that brought us to meet again."

"Actually, it's a basic human need for nourishment that brought us to meet again."

"Well you won't find me complaining. What do you want to eat?" - He asked when it was our turn to order.

I made my order and looked around searching for the place to sit. After I spotted a small table near the window, we went there with our food and coffee.