Playing God

All the songs Ashley sings are by Paramore because I feel Haley's voice and songs suit her. Plus I really like Paramore.Also the meanings for the songs will be different So if the titles aren't Eminem songs they'll be Paramore ones.

🎊Em has also just today broken the 36 year old record for most consecutive uk number one albums 🎊

It was 7 am, Ashley couldn't sleep so she'd called a Taxi and had gone to the studio. She hadn't called Sam to drive her there partly because it wasn't fair on him since he would've still been asleep. Neither had she called Marshall, which was because she was afraid at what he'd done or said to Alonzo while she had gone to help Kim and the girls.

Alex had been surprised to see her so early, but he didn't have time to question her as she'd already entered the lift before he could so much of say a good morning. he was used to seeing Ashley early, however, seven had been the earliest she had ever been.

''Ash why you here so early?''

''None of your business Paul, get lost,'' Ashley bit back, she had a pen in her hand and a notebook open on her lap. Paul could just about make out the bunched up lettering that was her handwriting.

''Are you writing?'' He asked shutting the door behind him, fully entering the room now, taking a seat on the sofa opposit her. Ashley sighed throwing the book down on the small coffee table in front of him. On the page was what Paul could make out a track list.

Ain't it fun
Fast in my car
Grow up
Stop This Song (Love Sick Melody)
Last Hope
(One of Those) Crazy Girls
Playing God
Now
Fake happy
Proof
The Only Exception
Ignorance
Careful
Misguided Ghosts

''I wanna release some of the songs I recorded before Arthur died and some newer ones too,'' she confessed biting her lip, anticipating the man's response.

''Like in an album, cause if I remember Jimmy Iovine pressured you to make one years ago,'' Paul pointed out.

''Er yeah is that ok. I know Marshall's trying to write some stuff for his own, but all I need to do is maybe re-record some of the songs I've already done. With a few added extra,'' Ashley explained picking her notebook back up marking the page with her pen.

''I think it's great, but what's brought this on all of a sudden?'' Paul asked intrigued. Ashley had written and recorded a lot of songs to be released a long time ago, but the death of her husband Arthur stopped her and she didn't want to release them. There had also been the accident that had occurred, which had set her back even further.

''You not seen the article?'' Paul frowned as he watched her pull out her phone to pull something up to show him.

''She really said that?'' Paul was confused, what in the world did she have to gain by commenting on Ashley and her career.

''Yep,'' Ashley confirmed nodding.

''You haven't written a diss track have you,'' she fell silent fiddling with her nails, ''Ashley.''

''You can't tell it's about her, a called it Playing God, nobody will know,'' she shrugged.

''Let me look at it,'' she sighed before then finding the page she'd written it on before thrusting it towards Paul.

He took the notebook and scanned over what she had written. Her writing was a lot neater and easier to read than Marshall's was, but it was still rather difficult. The scribbled out lines and words didn't make it any easier for him to read either. He looked over the first lines:

Can't make my own decisions
Or make any with precision

''It's got a bit about Marshall in it too in places, don't tell him,'' she added looking at Pauls confused face, ''the chorus is more aimed at her,'' she added.

You don't have to believe me
But the way I, way I see it
Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
And break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror

''You're right you can't exactly tell,'' Paul confessed to her once he had finished reading, handing the book back to her.

''So you'll get the band in?'' She questioned as he got up to leave.

''Yeah, I'll make some calls ok and make sure Marshall knows you're doing this ok,'' pointed a finger at her just before he exited the room.

''Ok,'' she muttered, putting her notebook away and picking up her guitar running her fingers over it strumming a little tune. You would have never have known she hadn't played it in over ten years, because she played it as if she'd never stopped. It brought her mind at ease and as she jammed, she realised she could use the tune, so propping her notebook open she made a note of the cords she was playing.

''You playing guitar again?''

''Fuck Royce I didn't hear you come in. Scared the shit out of me,'' she mumbled the last part while pulling the guitar off and over her head to lean back in the corner of the room where'd she'd picked it up.

''Wait were you writing?'' Royce raised an eyebrow picking her notebook up and flicking through it.

''Oh hi, of cause you can go through my notebook, don't even have to ask,'' she huffed snatching it from out of his hands.

''Well they seem good, you actually gonna do an album this time?''

''Yeah hopefully. It shouldn't take long to do most of it just needs re-recording you know from when I did it the first time.''

''When you did what the first time?'' Marshall had now joined them, which caused Ash to glance down and check the time, it was nine in the morning now. She had had no idea that time had moved that quickly.

''When I had sex the first time,'' Royce snickered realising Ash was about to try and wind Marshall up.

''Huh,'' Marshall was far from just confused, ''you slept with Alonzo, is that what you're saying,'' immediately his conversation with the Italian flashed in his mind, 'did that shit actually work,' he thought to himself.

''No not yet, I'm on about my very first time, you know with Arthur,'' Marshall again just nodded opening a can of coke that he had retrieved from the mini fridge by the door.

''Ok and why are you talking about that?''

''Cause we filmed it.''

''What the fuck!'' Marshall exclaimed, his eyes widning and the coke spluttering from his mouth as Ash's words sunck in.

He was about to say something else but the loud collective laughter of both his friends filled his ears. Ashley was holding her stomach, trying her best to stay standing. Meanwhile, Royce had slumped onto the sofa, with a clear tear falling down his cheek.

"Fuck you guys, that gave me fucking heart attack."

"That'll teach you to butt into conversations," was all Ashley had to say to him.