Tragic endings

One week later

Ashley slammed the door behind her, Marshall hot on her heels; given awkward nods the students that recognised him as he followed his rather angry Fiance out of the building. It had been a week seen they'd been in England and Ashley was already back to being stressed and annoyed at everyone and everything. Right now was a perfect example of that as she violently pulled open the door to his car and angrily sat down with her arms crossed over her quickly growing belly.

''So that didn't go as planned,'' he mumbled strapping himself in. The only response he got was a huff as Ashley stared out of the window not even turning to look at him, ''at least he's still got an education, that's the main thing right?'' Marshall urged her to respond, but she kept silent. Giving up he put his foot on the gas and manoeuvred his way out of the car park.

The car ride home was quiet. Marshall kept glancing over at Ashley every few seconds, he'd expected her to have said something by now, however, she had and continued to sit; pouting her lips, with her arms still folded.

''Ash you didn't put your seatbelt on,'' Ashley glanced down, realising he was, in fact, right, she hadn't put her seatbelt on.

''Thanks,'' she mumbled, unfolding her arms and moving to put her seatbelt on before folding her arms again. The action caused Marshall to sigh, he hated the silence and so without warning pulled over to the side of the road, turned the engine off and turned her around to look at him.

''I know you want to rant so just do it,'' Ashley just shook her head, ''please, I can't bear the silence Ash, just say something.''

''I don't know what to do Marsh, they've managed to punish the victim and not the bully. Jamie isn't allowed back in school and has to do all his work at home apart from tests. I'm just mad about what the media would say if they got there grubby little hands on this,'' Ashley let out a breath, finally unfolding her arms for good, placing her hands on her stomach instead; sure she'd felt a kick.

''How the fuck would the media get ahold of the fact Jamie can't go to school anymore?'' Marshall questioned, running his hand down Ashely's arm to try and calm her down.

''They find out about all kinds of shit. The world wouldn't have known I was pregnant if someone had tipped them off about the fact I was being questioned at the police station downtown,'' laying her head in hands Ashley groaned.

''Hey fuck them, everyone knows you're the best parent there is especially since you've basically raised Jamie all on your own,'' Marshall pointed out.

''With the help of you, Denaun, Paul, Proof, Kim...''

''Yeah, but basically on your own,'' Ashley shook her head, a little smile peeking across her face, ''ah-ha, knew I could make you smile again,'' he leaned over to place a kiss on her cheek, to which she tried to move away from, but with no such luck.

''Can we go home now?''

''Fine, but don't be all angry at me no more ok? We got a deal Ash?'' He looked very serious now, all joking had been put aside.

''Fine, I promise,'' she replied nodding her head, trying to hide the smile that was forming when he offered his pinky out to her.

''Pinky promise,'' he pleaded.

''You are such a child,'' now she couldn't stop the giggles that passed her lips as she connected their fingers together, ''pinky promise,'' she whispered.

''You better not break it,'' Marshall sternly wagged his finger at her before starting the car back up again. Ashely laughed, although she still felt the weight of everything that had happened on her shoulders, weighing her down.

***

''Come on Lizzy, tell me why you're not eating baby,'' Ashley bent down to the Pomskys level as she just stared into her bowl of food without so much as wanting to touch it.

''Wish I was the one you called baby and not that,'' Marshall had wandered into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge. A towel hung around his neck, which was covered in sweat; he'd been working out in the basement, he'd converted into a home gym.

''Her name is Lizzy, not that or it. Did you work out so hard your brain felt out?'' She snapped causing Marshall's eyes to widen in shock, he hadn't expected that reaction.

''Whoa, I was joking, but I'm sorry,'' he apologised, swiping the droplets that had accumulated on his forehead with the towel around his neck, ''why's Lizzy not eating then?'' He asked coming up behind Ashely so he could bend down and scratch Lizzy behind the ears.

''I don't know, I think she needs to go to the vet, Sarah said this never happened while she had her,'' Ashely shrugged, giving up and dumping the leftover dog food in the bin.

''Right, how about I go get changed and we take her to the vet, sound good?''

''I guess,'' she sighed, ''why does everything go wrong at the same time Marsh,'' she mumbled, manoeuvring her arms to hang around his waist as she rested her head on his chest. Ashley didn't care how sweaty he was, she needed a hug.

''I don't know, but I'm sure it can't get any worse right?''

''God I hope not, I don't know how much more I can take,'' Ashley's hold on him tightened and careful of her condition he squeezed her lightly around the hips before leaving a couple kisses in her hair.

Sorry this is so sort I'm just trying to figure out how to tie all the loose ends of this story up before it becomes any longer. We still have a long way to go, but I'm hoping not to long if ya'll get what I mean. Anyway enjoy and thanks for the support on this even after I took a long break from this story💕