Chapter 9

Ladybug stood on the Eiffel Tower, her arms crossed. She was waiting for Chat to finish up his patrol. She wasn't happy about the way he reacted in front of the media and she had a thing or two to say about it. Who knew when this was going to blow out. Whenever they go out, that's all they're going to be asked about.

Chat cringed when he saw she was still there. He had purposely taken long so she'd hopefully leave. But no, there she was. He desperately wanted to avoid the encounter. He didn't know what he was going to say. Alya had made him completely nervous. 

On the way back from the museum, all she could talk about was Chat's reaction and coming up with theories to posts. She practically knew why he did it, but that was because she was friends with the "mystery" girl. She kept Marinette out of everything she said. He couldn't help but listen in, everything she said was practically his thought process.

Ladybug heard a thud behind her and she immediately turned around and glared at him. Her blue eyes were filled with fury. Chat held his hands up and took a step back. "What the hell happened back there?!" she hissed. "You told people to fuck off on live television!"

"Correction, to fuck off my personal life," he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"That doesn't make it any different you stupid cat!" Ladybug said fuming. She exhaled and rubbed her head. "This is stressing me out. How the hell are we going to fix this? People are going to hate you!"

"Not if I explain the situation."

She looked at him and raised a brow. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot, "Well? What is your explanation, Chat?"

Chat gulped and looked everywhere but in her direction. He didn't want to make eye contact with her in fear of making things worse. "Well?"

"Well, um, you see..." his staff buzzed, cutting him off. Ladybug raised a brow and looked at him. "Why did it buzz? I'm not calling you."

"It's connected to my phone," he said taking it out. 

"You can do that? Oh, whatever! Hurry up Chat! You still owe me that explanation!"

"I know, I know." He opened the small screen and saw it was a notification on the Ladyblog. Alya had made him and Nino turn on notifications for whenever she posted. He was eternally grateful she did.

Chat Noir's response theory live.

Chat grinned at this. "What's with the grin?" Ladybug asked. 

"My friend has a better explanation than me."

'Hello, there everyone! Currently, there is this whole situation with Chat Noir telling reporters to screw off after he was questioned about a mystery girl!'

Ladybug pulled out her yoyo and went to the ladyblog. Chat put his staff away and they watched from her yoyo.

The background seemed awfully familiar to Chat.

'Now, I have a theory as to why he did that! The girl he was with, clearly means something to him!'

A soft thud was heard in the background and Alya looked away from the camera for a few seconds. Chat instantly knew where she was. Marinette's balcony. The soft thud was probably Mari falling. He chuckled and Ladybug raised a brow.

Alya bit her lip to hold back a smile and looked back at the camera.

'Anyways! For those who need to be caught up, yesterday Chat was seen early in the afternoon scaring a waiter for flirting with a girl. He complimented her and kissed her hand before leaving. Later that same day, he told reporters to "fuck off" when asked about it.