Chapter 37

Thomas had awoken shortly before the heroes had arrived home.

Jasmine was playing with the baby, cooing and making him giggle.

Marinette was sitting next to Adrien, signing questions faster than he could process.

"Princess slow down! I can't read your words properly," Adrien grabbed her hands, stopping her. She huffed and pulled her hands away.

Why did it take so long?

"This akuma was... new. Not only that, it hid a lot. Most akumas chase use. This one didn't. Not only that, we couldn't touch it."

Marinette frowned.

"It could touch us, but we couldn't see it or touch it," Jasmine added.

"We spent an entire hour just looking for it. The rest was us talking to the police, figuring out something, and actual fighting. It was quite a lot. And man I am tired," Adrien leaned back on the couch.

Jasmine rolled her eyes, "Kitty, we've been through worse."

"Worse and faster. This took like 3 days!"

Jasmine and Marinette laughed. Thomas laughed seeing his mom laugh.

"You're so dramatic Chat," Jasmine playfully punched his arm.

Out of nowhere Marinette began pulling on his arm. Adrien turned to her and she had her phone on her other hand. "Princess! What's wrong?"

'Alya and Nino!' she mouthed. His eyes widened. "Crap! I forgot about them."

Adrien took the phone and called Alya.

"Hey!"

"Adrien where are you?! Is Marinette with you?! We came back and you two were gone!"

Adrien turned to Jasmine with wide eyes. "I can't let her know Adrien took her! She needs to think it's Chat!" he whispered, covering the phone.

Alya was still rambling about god knows what. Jasmine took the phone out of his hand and brought it close enough for her to speak, but not have her eardrums burts.

"Alya! Relax! Marinette is with us."

"L-Ladybug?"

"Mhm. Marinette is with us. And um, Adrien um, had to go! He was with us but he left."

"Wait so that was Chat that called?! Omg he sounded just like Adrien, I am so sorry!"

Jasmine turned to Chat, holding back laughter. Marinette grinned. Alya continued to stutter apologies.

Jasmine chuckled, "It's fine Alya. Are you still at your friend's place?"

"Yeah, I'm still at Adrien's."

"Chat is going to drop off Marinette and try to find Adrien, ok?"

"Yes ma'am!"

Jasmine let out another chuckle, "They're on their way." She hung up the phone and handed it back to Marinette.

"You saved by butt, thanks LB," Adrien sighed. "No problem kitty, now transform and get going!"

Plagg—who had previously been in the kitchen eating with Tikki—complained about not having had enough cheese before Adrien cut him off by transforming.

Marinette grabbed the coat and put it on.

Chat picked up Marinette and walked towards the balcony. He opened the screen door and stepped out. "See you later LB!"