Chapter 51

The bell rang for lunch and Alya and Nino walked out of the school. Chat had made his way over to the school so he was waiting nearby.

He spotted the couple but didn't see Marinette. He looked around at the group of students walking out but she wasn't there either.

Chat frowned and made his way over to Alya. "Hey, Alya?"he poked her shoulder. She turned around and was surprised to see him there. Nino turned too with raised brows. "Oh, hey?" she tried to play it off. Nino still didn't know his identity. "Where's Marinette?"

"Oh!" Alya beamed, now understanding why he'd approach her like that. "She left early. She wasn't feeling too well, she's at home so maybe you should go check up on her."

Chat nodded. "Thanks."

He sped off before either teen could say anything. Chat jumped from rooftop to rooftop. In his head he thought over what he would say to her. An apology was needed of course, but what else would he say His trail of thought was broken when he crashed into Mari's window.

Marinette woke up, startled by the noise. She sat up quickly, hitting her hand against the wall. She pouted and rubbed her hand a little. She had fallen asleep when we parents put her to bed.

She didn't mean to, she was just going to pretend so they could leave and she could check on Adrien. But she was so drained she fell asleep.

Chat managed to grab the window frame to keep from falling. He let out a sigh of relief and pulled himself up. Throught the widow he could see Marinette sitting on her bed, looking flustered and confused.

He knocked on her window, getting her attention. She turned to the window and immediately got up. She got up too fast, however, and she ended up almost falling down the ladder. Chat tensed up but Marinette was able to keep herself from falling.

She carefully went down the rest of the steps before running to the window and opening it. She stepped back, letting Chat lift himself up into her room.

Marinette stared up at him, nervous and not knowing what to do. She was happy to see him but also scared. Chat noticed she was trembling a bit.

He took a step towards her and she instinctively took one back. Both of them were surprised she did that. Marinette had no reason to fear him, so why did she step back?

"I'm sorry," he said. "I—I shouldn't have snapped." He sighed, "I'm so sorry Marinette." She took a step towards him. "It just fucking sucks knowing that and it fucking hurts. But please don't think this will change me."

Marinette took another step and hugged him. He hugged back. Tears started to form in his eyes and he swallowed back tears. "I honestly don't know what to do. I'm—I. . . I'm scared, Mari."

Marinette hugged him tighter. She let go and pulled him towards her chaise. She lay down and pulled him down with her so he lay on her chest. Marinette stroked his hair while he let out quiet cries.

"I don't know what to do. For the first time since my mom disappeared. . . I feel scared, raw fear." He looked up at her with sad eyes, "This doesn't change anything, right?"

Marinette smiled softly and shook her head. 'No, nothing changes,' she mouthed. Relief flooded over Chat's face and he put his head back down. Marinette went back to stroking his hair and he let out a soft purr.

Marinette giggled. Sensing the movement, Chat looked up at her. "What?" 'You purred! C'est mignon!'

Chat felt his face turn red a little. He sat up and cleared his throat, "Um, we should, um—We should go find LB to talk to her about this."

Marinette smiled and giggled again. Ok, but how can I leave without worrying my parents? she signed.

Chat stood up, "Hm, I'm not sure." Marinette stood up too, right as her mom walked in.

"Hey Mari are—oh!" Sabine stared at Chat with a surprised look. "I didn't expect you to be here."

Chat grinned, an idea popping into his head. Marinette narrowed her eyes at him. She didn't like that look. He was going to do something stupid.

"Well, while patrolling I noticed Marinette wasn't leaving school for lunch with her friends."

Marinette stared at him confused and suspicious. "Why were you out midday? Do you not have school?" Sabine asked, a worried expression on her face.

"Oh, I do!" Chat replied. "But my lunch hour starts earlier than Mari's." Sabine smiled, "Oh ok."

Now Marinette was on edge. What the heck is he babbling about? "So, since I didn't see her, I stopped by to check up on her." He turned to Marinette with a smile. Marinette continued to look at him suspiciously.

"But, I think she looks fine, so," Chat stepped closer to Marinette, "I'm taking her out." Before Marinette or Sabine could protest, Chat picked Marinette up, startling her and Sabine.

Chat jumped up to her bed and opened the trap door. "Don't worry Mrs. Dupain-Cheng, I'll bring her back."

Before Sabine could even process what happened, Chat left with Marinette.

He didn't get far before Mari was pulling his hair. "Ow! Hey! What was that for?" He turned to her to see her trembling. With shaking hands, she signed it's so cold, I'm not wearing a sweater.

"Oh shit, you're right, I'm so sorry Mari," he said with wide eyes. "Ok, um, we can probably go see if LB's home!"

He pulled Marinette closer to himself and made his way to Jasmine's apartment. Marinette pressed the button for Jasmine's apartment number. "Yes?" they heard. "Oh! It's you two!"

The door made a noise signaling it was unlocked and Chat stepped in. Marinette relaxed in the warm building. Chat put her down and detransformed. Marinette sent him a glare and walked up the stairs.

He quickly followed. "I'm sorry princess." Marinette just turned her head away. Adrien sighed.

They made it upstairs and Adrien knocked on her door. Jasmine opened the door and looked at Marinette in surprise. "Marinette! It's cold outside, why aren't you wearing at least a sweater?!"

Marinette glared sideways at Adrien and mouthed, 'Because he took me from my bedroom!'

"Adrien!"

"I said I was sorry!"

Jasmine groaned and rolled her eyes. "Come Mari, you can snuggle in some blankets. You," she turned to Adrien, "need to be more careful!"

"But I said I was sorry!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry y'all ):
Things have been crazy but hey I've gotten into 5/7 colleges I've applied to so far (;
I'm studying to be a nurse

I know it's been almost three months and I'm sorry
I've kinda lost interest in the show, I haven't been keeping up with episodes but I'm still gonna finish this story, so don't worry about that!

Happy new years!