Chapter 43

Marinette sat on Adrien's bed. She was excitedly waiting for Jasmine.

Jasmine had sent Adrien a message that she had great news and she wanted to talk to both of them. Adrien sent Mari and text and she made her way over immediately.

Marinette was too much in a daze to realize how strange it was for Gabriel to let her in with no hesitation. Adrien noticed it but didn't say anything.

Adrien sat on his chair, leaning his head on his hand. "Don't you think it's weird, Plagg?"

"What's weird?" asked the Kwami. "That father let Marinette in, no hesitation, and did you see the smile on his face?"

Adrien frowned. Smile?

Plagg took a bite out of his cheese and thought for a moment. "That is weird, maybe he's had a change of heart," he replied.

Adrien scoffed, "Yeah, right."

A knock came from his window and he turned to see Ladybug with a slight paniced look.

He got up immediately and to open the window. Marinette stood up, startled by Ladybug's expression as well. Mullo flew out, concerned too.

She stepped inside and sighed. "Oh my god, are you ok?" he asked, panicked.

Ladybug looked up at him and smile, "Yup, just worried around the little one."

Adrien blinked. Then looked down. Ladybug was wearing a coat. Hidden in the coat was Thomas. Only his eyes were visible.

"I didn't have anyone to leave him with. I just hope the cold air doesn't get him sick. I wrapped him up tight and hid him! I don't want anyone to see Ladybug with a baby!" she laughed out.

Marinette had walked over to them by now and stretched her arms out. Ladybug took Thomas out and handed him to her. Marinette smiled at the sleeping baby.

"You scared me, LB!" Adrien let out a sigh, closing the window. "I thought something bad had happened with the look on your face."

"No, it's just the fears of first time motherhood."

Marinette walked over to the couch and sat down, making silly faces for Thomas. Mullo sat on Marinette's shoulder, also making silly faces. Thomas giggled at the faces and Ladybug smiled. "She's great with kids. Love that."

Adrien raised a brow. "What are you going to tell us?" he asked. "Oh! Right!" she clapped her hands. "Marinette."

Ladybug turned her body to face her. Marinette looked up. "Great news, you can keep the miraculous!"

Marinette's eyes widened and she grinned from ear to ear. Mullo flew up and cheered. Adrien smiled, "That's great! How did you convince Master Fu?"

Ladybug detransformed and Tikki flew out, taking a cookie from Jasmine and flying to Plagg.

"I told him about how Hawkmoth's recent akumas have been noise related. He found it odd and agreed to have Marinette keep the miraculous."

"Why do you think that is?" Adrien asked. "Why is he making so many akumas relating to noise? Why so suddenly? Why now?" Adrien paced back and forth slightly.

Jasmine placed a hand on his shoulder, making him stop. "I'm not sure, it is bizzare. Perhaps it's some new way of him trying to screw with up. I mean, it's been three years and he's not any closer to beating us.

"But," she turned to face Marinette, "we have her to help."

Adrien turned to Marinette. "Do you think... he did this to get another hero out?"