Chapter 11

"I'm assigning partner projects, presentations to be exact. For this project, you and your partner will choose a subject and make a presentation about it," Ms. Bustier began explaining to the class. "The pairs will be Alya and Nino, Rose and Juleka, Adrien and Marinette, Chloe and Sabrina.."

Chloe cut her off by laughing, "Ms. Bustier, it's a presentation! Where you, you know, talk. Something little miss useless can't do." Chloe looked over at Marinette with a smirk on her face.

Adrien glared at her and Marinette took a deep breath. She wasn't going to let that get to her. While Ms. Bustier and Chloe bickered, Marinette pulled on Adrien's shirt. They both sat in the front, Mari and Nino switching, making it easier for Marinette to communicate to the class through Adrien.

Adrien turned to her and his face softened, "Yes Mari?" 'We could do a presentation on sign language.'

Adrien grinned, "Great idea, Mari! Ms. Bustier." "Yes, Adrien?" "Marinette suggested we do a presentation on sign language, to teach the class a thing or two about it."

Ms. Bustier smiled, "Wonderful idea!" Chloe growled and flipped her hair, facing away from them.

Adrien looked back at Marinette and she smiled up at him. He felt heat rising to his face so he smiled and looked away. Mari didn't take any notice.

"The projects are due next week," the class groaned, "but, you will have time to work on them during class. The first half I'll be teaching, the second you'll be working on the project. For now, you and your partner can decide on the topic. You must get it approved first."

Ms. Bustier said the remaining pairs and went back to her seat. The four bestfriends turned to each other. 'It's freezing, let's go to the bakery to have a nice warm meal,' Mari signed. Nino and Alya turned to Adrien. "She said we should go to the bakery, it's too cold and we could use some warmth."

Alya and Nino both grinned. "I would love to!" they both said in unison. Marinette smiled and let out huff. Adrien chuckled.

Class finished and they all got up. They put their coats on and walked to the bakery. When they walked in, they were welcomed by warmth and the sweet smell of bread and other pastries.

"Hello, kids," Sabine smiled. They all smiled and said hello. "Head on upstairs, I had a feeling Marinette would bring you guys over so I made extra food!" The teens smiled and all headed upstairs.

They placed their coats on the couch and sat at the small table. The four friends joked around and enjoyed the warm meal.

"Honestly, Mari, you got so lucky, you made friends with Chat Noir the week you got here," Alya laughed. "Yeah dudette, pretty cool," Nino said.

"Do you think he could fall in love with you?" Alya asked.

Marinette choked on her drink and Adrien on air. Somehow, the fact they both choked at the same time went over the couple's heads. Alya laughed, "Your face is getting red, perhaps it's you that's falling for him?"

Marinette's face turned more red than it already was. The kiss played in her head and her heart started beating faster. Adrien was the same. The sensation of her soft lips against his took over his mind.

Alya chuckled, "Has he visited you?" Marinette shook her head. Adrien looked at her in surprise. She lied to Alya. "He will soon, I just know it!" Marinette just smiled.

The group finished their lunch and headed back into the school. As they were walking in, Chloe placed her foot in front of Mari, making her fall down the steps. Adrien took quick notice and grabbed her by her waist. He pulled her up and glared at Chloe.