Chapter 12

I suggest looking up what the Grand Palais looks like in order to understand the chapter better.

Désolé si j'ai quelque chose de mal

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time seemed to have gone by fast for Marinette. Her and Adrien had finished their presentation rather quickly and did an excellent job in presentation. Marinette taught the class the alphabet and simple phrases. The class enjoyed their presentation presentation and they got a perfect score.

Now it was a Sunday and the group of friends were at Marinette's place, enjoying the sweet warmth of the bakery below. It was a couple of days before Christmas and snow was piling up outside.

"You know, I have passes for a fashion exhibition at Le Grand Palais for next weekend," Adrien spoke up.

The Grand Palais, an exhibition hall, was holding a winter themed fashion exhibition, something he knew Marinette would love. Being a model, he had his connections and got two entrances so he could take Mari.

Upon hearing what Adrien said, Marinette quickly turned to him, eyes wide. Adrien chuckled, "If you want, we can go together."

Marinette smiled and nodded her head. He smiled at her and her heart skipped a beat. She blinked and sat back on the couch. She looked forward to her two friends playing a video game, Alya winning of course.

She played with the hem of her sweater, her thoughts going crazy as to why her heart skipped a beat when he smiled. She shook her head and focused on the game.

The week went by in a blurr and Marinette excitedly got ready for the event. She curled her hair, clipping her bangs, and put on makeup. She knew she had to dress well so she had spent Friday after school looking through all her things with the help of her mom.

She put on a light brown dress coat with double buttons in the front, a small bow in the front tying it together. The collar was black and the dress was puffed up slightly. She wore black leggings and warm fluffy boots.

The weather outside was very cold but she knew the inside would be warm enough for her to wear that. As she went downstairs to wait for Adrien, her mother stopped her.

"That boy, do you like him?" she asked. Marinette blinked. She hesitated before shaking her head. Her mother smiled and hummed.

A few minutes later, a car pulled up. Adrien stepped out. Sabine opened the door right as he was about to knock. "Hello dear!" she smiled warmly. Adrien smiled, "Hello, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng."

"Oh call me Sabine! Mari, sweetheart, make sure to put on your coat!" Marinette walked to the door, already wearing a big, fluffy coat, basking in it's warmth. Adrien chuckled. Marinette huffed and glared at him. He raised his hands up with a grin.

Marinette kissed her mom goodbye and they both got in the car. They headed to the Grand Palais and when they got there, they saw a long line. Marinette was about to walk over to the line when Adrien grabbed her wrist.

She turned back to him confused. "We're not going that way." She blinked, even more confused. "We have a VIP pass." Her eyes widened and he pulled her to the side. A man scanned their passes and they headed in.

Marinette gaped at the sight in front of her. The exhibition hall was decorated with loads of winter themed object. Glass snow flakes hanged from the glass ceiling. The light snow made the ceiling a sparkling white color.

Designer clothes lined the exhibition hall. White walls divided the hall, each holding in clothing based on either category or designer. The clothes ranged from Victorian inspired dresses to western designs; from bright to dark; colorful to neutral; dresses to outfits.

Marinette grinned and held back the urge to jump up and down like a child. The section leading to the grand staircase had white walls covering it up, with only a small entrance and someone guarding said entrance.

"That's were we're going," Adrien spoke up. "But let's take our coats off, there should be a place we could put them."

To one of the sides on the main entrance was a small room where guests could leave their stuff. The things were handed to a worker and they were given a paper with a small number. Adrien and Mari headed over and handed their coats.

The man behind the small white counter gave Adrien a number and when he turned around, his jaw dropped.

He hadn't seen Mari without the coat and he was left speechless. Marinette stared up at him confused. He blinked and blushed. "S-sorry, you just look so pretty."

She blushed and smiled. Thank you, she mouthed. Adrien smiled sheepishly, "Um, why don't we go to the show?"

'Show?'

"Yeah, at the top of the grand staircase is a room where a small fashion show will be held for VIPs. We can head over now or-"

He was cut off by a grinning Marinette pulling him towards the grand staircase. They showed their tags to the man guarding the entrance and they were let in. She let go of his hand and ran up the stairs. Adrien chuckled and walked up the stairs

Marinette stood at the top of the staircase and looked down. The view from a top made it seem more magical and wonderful to Marinette.

Adrien reached the top and told a hold of Marinette's hand. She smiled and a small blush formed on her cheeks. He smiled back and they both headed into room holding the show.

In the middle of the room was a small runway leading to a small section cut off by two white walls. Chairs were placed around the runway. A couple of people were already sitting down.

"We get to sit in the first row, either on the sides or in the front, whichever you prefer," Adrien smiled down at her, giving her hand a small squeeze.

She felt her heart slightly skip a beat and her face flushed. Not wanting to let go of his hand (something she wouldn't admit), she pointed to the front row.

They sat down and waited for the show to start. A few people around took notice of the famous model and his companion. Almost immediately whispers started regarding the pair.

They never got the chance to hear or be asked as soon the room was filled and the show started.

Models of both genders walked one by one down the runway. Each sporting designer clothes ranging from plain to overdramatic and eye catching.

Marinette stared up at the models in awe. Many of the designs worn were by some of her favorite designers. Marinette was practically at the edge of her seat admiring the models and their clothing.

Adrien mainly looked at her. He had been to many shows and had taken part in some as well, so it was nothing interesting to him. He was more amazed by the blue eyed beauty sitting next to him. Her eyes sparkled in the flashing lights and he could see her excitement. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

Something people took quick notice of. With all the flashing lights of the cameras and light show, neither noticed that some people were snapping photos of them. Neither had noticed people taking photos of them holding hands. Neither realized how this was going to blow up.

~~~~~~~

Sorry if this chapter is not good, I had a hard time writing it 😥
All of my inspiration went into the drawing haha