Chapter 58

The weekend passed and Adrien didn't hear from his father. That meant Gabriel didn't use the miraculous if he was out, he only used it in the safety of his home. But even then, did he not notice it gone?

It was now Tuesday, the day his father was supposed to get back. To calm down his nerves, Jasmine and Marinette suggested going out to a cafe after school.

'It's going to be ok,' Marinette mouthed, taking hold of Adrien's hand. 'Let's just relax and enjoy some food with Jasmine and little Tommy.'

"Alright princess," Adrien smiled back at her. Adrien gave Marinette's hand a soft squeeze and they made their way over to Adrien's car. Adrien had some free time so his bodyguard was able to drive the couple there.

Adrien opened the door for Marinette and she smiled, stepping in. What a gentleman, she signed. Adrien grinned, getting into the car and closing the door. "I am for my princess."Marinette giggled. Adrien gave the directions to his driver and they made their way over to the cafe.

When they arrived, they stepped inside and Marinette spotted Jasmine sitting down in a corner. The cafe wasn't busy so Jasmine was in a pretty isolated area. Marinette tugged at Adrien's arm and pointed. "How'd you know it was her so quickly?" he asked.

Marinette raised a brow, 'Because there aren't many people  here and she has a stroller?'Adrien looked over and noticed the big stroller. "Oh, right. Of course, she'd have a stroller," Adrien said sheepishly.

The couple walked over to Jasmine. The weather outside was very cold. Thomas was wrapped in multiple blankets on the stroller. Jasmine was positioning his bottle so the blankets would hold it up for him to drink. She herself had a sweater on but had her jacket resting on her chair.

Jasmine noticed them walking over and she looked up. "Hey guys," she smiled. "Hi LB," Adrien said. Marinette waved.

Adrien and Marinette took off their jackets, resting them on their chairs and then sitting down.

"I haven't gotten any food yet, I was waiting for you guys," Jasmine said. "But this little man couldn't wait. He was being fussy!"

Adrien smiled and turned to Thomas, "It's ok little man, I forgive you for starting before us."

Jasmine laughed and Marinette cooed at the baby. "Just tell me whatever you guys want to get, I'll order and pay," Adrien said.

"No, it's alright kitty, I can pay," Jasmine responded. "Nonsense, I want to treat you two. You two are very important ladies in my life."

"But not in a mother-like figure right? Cause I'm not that old Chat," Jasmine raised a brow.

Adrien laughed, "No not like that. How old are you anyway?"

"You don't ask a lady that!"

"If you're not that old then why don't you answer? You know our ages!"

Marinette shook her head and laughed. After a bit more bickering, Adrien went to order for them and paid. Marinette went with him to get their food and Jasmine stayed at the table to attend to Thomas.

When the couple got back, Jasmine was holding Thomas, gently patting his back.

"Hey LB, I never got to ask this before, but why did you continue to be ladybug even when you knew you were pregnant?" Adrien asked. Jasmine looked down and sighed, "It was a tough decision. Truth be told, I considered quitting. I had long conversations with Tikki over being Ladybug. I had a duty to protect the city but now I had someone else to protect.

"I wanted to return my miraculous but it was hard. I had been Ladybug for two years and I didn't want to just leave you. I knew Master Fu could find a new Ladybug, but I still wasn't sure. Ladybug was a part of me and it's hard leaving a part of you behind. Master Fu convinced me to stay. He told me that the suit had magical properties that could protect my baby. As long as I stayed transformed, nothing would happen to the baby. I actually managed well for most of the pregnancy. It wasn't until I was nearing giving birth that my pregnancy started causing problems in the suit. I am so lucky nothing happened the night of the party and that Thomas was born safe and healthy."

'That was really lucky. I'm so glad you and your baby came out just fine,' Marinette mouthed. "It's honestly so brave of you to continue being Ladybug while being a mom, I really admire that LB," Adrien smiled.

Jasmine smiled, "Thanks kitty, that means a lot."

The group continued to chat a while more while eating their food. Adrien was starting to feel better.

Then his phone rang. Adrien took it out and looked at the caller ID. It was his father. Adrien tensed up a little. Marinette and Jasmine noticed and they looked at each other with concerned looks.

"It's my father," Adrien said, his mouth suddenly feeling very dry. Adrien took a deep breath and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Adrien! You need to get back here immediately!"

"What's wrong father? Is everything ok?"

"No! I am missing some very important things and you need to get back here immediately!"

"What? What are you missing? Did someone break into the house?"

"Don't play dumb Adrien. Get. Home. Now."

Before Adrien could respond, Gabriel hung up the phone. Adrien looked up at the girls, both of whom had horrified expressions.

"What are we going to do?" Jasmine asked, instinctively holding Thomas closer to herself.

Adrien stood up. "I'm going to deal with this, c'mon Mari, I'll drop you off home."

Marinette and Jasmine exchanged worried glances. "Are you going to be ok?"

"I'll be fine LB, I have a plan," Adrien responded, putting his jacket back on. Marinette reluctantly got up and put on her jacket. 

"I'll see you later," Adrien turned around, expressionless. Now Marinette and Jasmine were even more worried. He began walking away and Jasmine took a hold of Marinette's hand.

"I don't know what the hell he's going to do, but please try to talk to him before he does anything," Jasmine said. Marinette nodded and Jasmine let go of her hand.

Marinette ran after Adrien and got into the car with him. 

On the drive to her house, Marinette turned to him and took a hold of his hand. Adrien turned to look at her and his face softened. 'Please tell me you're not going to do anything stupid,' she said, worried. 

"Don't worry princess, I'm going to make sure nothing happens to you, Jasmine, or anyone else."

'What about you?'

"Nothing's going to happen to me," Adrien said, giving her hand a kiss. "I'm going to fix everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I bet y'all want to punch Adrien right now.