Chapter 27

A small red creature with black spots appeared before them. Marinette jumped back in surprised and stepped on her dress. Chat Noir grabbed her by the waist before she fell. Marinette stared wide-eyed at the kwami. "Marinette, relax! It's fine."

"I am Tikki, the ladybug kwami!" she squeaked in delight. "Kwamis help us transform," Chat continued. "We just sa-"

He stopped himself. Marinette was mute. She couldn't say the words. He mentally slapped himself for his stupidity.

Tikki looked at Chat confused before finishing his sentence, "You just say 'transforme-moi'!"

"Slight problem, she can't speak." Tikki blinked. Marinette cringed slightly and nodded. Tikki stayed silent for a few moments before smiling. "That's ok. I've met so many Ladybugs and one so happened to be deaf. She never learned how to speak and she gave me something special."

Tikki flew closer to Marinette and hovered right in front of her. "In exchange for your help, I will give you a special gift passed down from a previous Ladybug.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I give you the gift of speech. However, it will be limited only to Ladybug. As Ladybug you will be able to communicate with Chat Noir. As Marinette, you will be allowed only to say the transformation words."

Marinette stared in disbelief. Could she really do that? The kwami spinned and blew a kiss at Marinette. A heart formed and blew over Marinette's face. She blinked and rubbed her eyes. "Now, say the words!"

". . . Tikki" Marinette's hand slapped her mouth shut. Marinette turned to Chat and they both stared at each other with wide eyes. "It worked!" Tikki giggled. "Finish the sentence!"

"Tikki, transforme-moi!" Tikki smiled and flew into the earrings. A pink light engulfed Marinette and soon she was in a suit similar to that of his Ladybug. Her hair went up into two bouncy, curly buns (a huge contrast to Ladybug's straight ponytail).

Marinette's suit matched her personality. It was a red polka dotted suit like Ladybug's only a lighter color (the older superhero sported a dark red) . A small string held her yoyo to heir small waist. Her wedged boots reached her knees (those similar to her older counterpart). Her mask had the white fabric, giving her an overall cute and retro-ish look. Over her suit was a dark thin wrap.

(Updates visual down below!)

Hearing her voice and seeing her as Ladybug made him feel like he died and went to heaven. Marinette turned to face Chat and she blushed. "You look. . . stunning! Wow! A-and your voice! Mon dieu, c'est comme la voix d'une déesse!"

Marinette smiled and she looked away shyly. "Merçi, Chat." Hearing his name come out of her mouth made his legs feel like jelly. It was sweet like honey and he wanted to hear more.

"Ok, we need to come up with a name." "Name?" Chat nodded, "Super-hero name. People are going to tell you're not the same. You're much smaller and cuter."

She blushed at his comment. Shouldn't you go take care of the akuma? Plagg hissed from inside the ring. You can drool over her later. "Oh right! We need to go, we can talk later."

Marinette nodded. She pulled out the yoyo hanging on her side. She looked over at Chat. "To move around, wrap it to a chimney or building to swing. The string is endless and you can trap the akumas with it."

Chat took out his staff and extended it. He boosted himself up to a rooftop and waited for Mari. She took a deep breath and threw her yoyo to a near poll. She pulled on it and she swung over to Chat. The landing was rough but she managed to not get hurt.

Chat chuckled and she glared at him. "C'mon," he stopped laughing. She nodded and they both jumped rooftop to rooftop. It wasn't long since they found the akumatized civilian. He left a trail of photographs behind.

They both reached him and saw him now taking pictures of buildings. The structures along with everything and everyone inside them disappeared. Chat had to hold back his need to shred that person into a million pieces.

He had to remind himself that they were under control of Hawkmoth. Marinette noticed his tensed state and she placed her small hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it'll be ok," she spoke softly. Chat immediately calmed down. Her voice alone made him forget all his troubles.

"What's this?" The akuma screeched upon noticing them. "You got another Ladybug, Chat Noir?" the akuma laughed. "My, my, you are a Playboy Chat."

"Shut it!" Chat sneered. That man was getting on his last nerve. The akuma stopped laughing and glared at him. "You're going to pay for what you did to me!" Chat scoffed, "What I did to you?! You could've killed Ladybug!"

The akuma was about to retaliate when he stopped. "Where did that little brat go?" Chat stared at him confused. He turned around to see Marinette was gone. She sneaked away without either of them noticing. Even with a voice, she's so quiet, Chat heard Plagg say.

Marinette crouched behind a chimney, hiding from Chat and the akuma. She quietly called out her charm and a small bag fell into her arms. She frowned. What am I supposed to do with this? she thought. Look around, she heard a small voice say.

Marinette did so and she turned back to look at the akuma and Chat. The camera the man held popped out and she smiled. The akuma and Chat were still bickering, but now over where she was. She giggled.

Chat served as a great distraction. She learned that the first time she had seen an akuma attack. Ladybug did exactly just that to save her and the other civilians. At this point, Marinette owed her her life. Chat was right, that akuma had to pay for the damage he caused the young woman.

Marinette jumped down from where she was and ran towards the akuma. Chat, seeing the movement, turned to her. The akuma did so too. He pointed his camera at her and she threw the bag over it. With her yoyo she knocked the camera from his hand and stepped on it.

A small purple butterfly flew out. "Use your yoyo!" Chat called from above. Marinette nodded. She caught the akuma with her yoyo and purified it. She grabbed the bag and threw it in the air. "Miraculous Ladybug!"

Chat jumped down next to her and hugged her just as everything went back to being normal. "You did it! Great job! I didn't even have to use my power!" he cheered.

He held her in his arms for a bit more before pulling away abruptly. "Ladybug! We need to check on her," he said, wide-eyed. Marinette nodded, "Her name is Jasmine Barousse, she's probably at a hospital near the ballroom."

"Ok, let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~

LB is named after my friend Jasmine (:

Also any name suggestions for Mari?

*My god, it's like the voice of a goddess
lmao

New design for Mari, I wasn't too happy with the other one

New design for Mari, I wasn't too happy with the other one. On the left is Ladybug (Jamine) and on the right is little Mari. I feared I drew Jasmine too similar to Mari with the picture from a precious chapter but next to each other they look different lmao

I drew this with my new tablet 💕