Chapter 32

"Chat, what the hell," Ladybug turned to him. He looked at her and sighed. "I-I'm sorry. It's just... how can I fight her? Ladybug, I love her."

She blinked, her mouth slightly agape. "Would you fight the father of your child?" Chat asked. Ladybug shook her slowly. "Exactly. You love him. I love Marinette."

"What else can we do? She clearly has no problem fighting us," Ladybug said.

"Because she's under Hawkmoth's control. My princess is to sweet to hurt anyone."

"Well she's not your sweet princess right now, she's an akuma and we have to stop her—"

Ladybug tensed up quickly. Chat frowned, "What's wrong LB?"

"She knows my identity, Chat! She knows my name and my baby!" Ladybug started to freak out. A similar look of raw fear crossed her eyes. The same look she gave at the party.

He walked up to her and hugged her. This was the first time he held her like this and she felt small and vulnerable in his arms. Despite being almost 4 years his senior, Ladybug was quite small and petit. Guess Nadja was right on similarities.

"Hawkmoth doesn't know that, I doubt he'd get that information without asking," Chat replied.

Ladybug nodded shakily. "As much as I hate saying this, let's go fight Mari."

.

Voicetress ran in the dark shadows of the city.

'Where are you going?!' hissed a voice. Far away! Far away from Chat!

She didn't say it outloud, as she was still Voicetress. However, Marinette was still in there. She was fully conscious and aware of what was happening.

She somehow managed to keep running, but Hawkmoth's threats made her stop.

'Go back or I'm taking your powers away!'

Marinette fought to stay in place but eventually Voicetress pulled her back. Marinette continued to fight the urge, she didn't care about her voice, she wanted Chat and Ladybug to be safe.

Voicetress walked back in the direction she came and began to sing. Chat and Ladybug had gotten close enough to hear the singing.

The trio grew nearer to each other and soon they stood face to face once more. Voicetress stopped singing and glared at the heroes.

"Give me your miraculous!"

"Mari—"

"It's Voicetress! Now give me your miraculous!" Voicetress launched herself forward towards. Marinette slowed it down and Voicetress landed in Chat's arm.

"Let me go!" Voicetress whined. "Nope," Chat emphasized the 'p'. Voicetress glared up at him.

Knowing she was about to screech, he bent down and kissed her. Voicetress froze, giving Ladybug enough time to search for a possible item.

Seeing the ring, Ladybug took it off her finger and stepped on it. The purple butterfly flew out.

Ladybug purified the akuma and Marinette turned back. Chat was still holding her and she looked up at him with teary eyes.

Chat's hands went to her face. "Hey, shh, it's ok. It's over."

Marinette wrapped her arms around his body and hugged him tightly.

Ladybug picked up the fixed ring and gave it to Chat. He took it and grabbed Marinette's hand. She looked up at him with teary eyes.

He gave the back of her hand a kiss and placed the ring back on. "It's ok now. Don't cry, Mari. Let's take you home."

Marinette nodded. Both heroes took Marinette home and made sure she felt better. After she stopped crying, Marinette questioned Ladybug.

'Where's Thomas?' she asked. "He's with my fiance. He was home today so I was able to make some excuse and leave Thomas with him, but I don't think I'll be able to continue this," she replied.

'I can take care of him. It's the least I can do to help,' Marinette mouthed.

Ladybug blinked. "Really?" Marinette nodded. 'I love children, it's the best way I can help.'

Ladybug grinned, "Perfect! Thank you so much Marinette!" Ladybug hugged Marinette.

This wasn't the first time Chat had seen them hug, but this time he paid more attention. Both girls were short, Ladybug being a few inches taller than Marinette.

Now that he though about it, Ladybug had everything Marinette had but darker. Darker hair (almost black), darker blue eyes, and tan skin.

Marinette had a lighter blue hair, light blue bell eyes, and freckled, creamy skin.

He was snapped out of his trance by Marinette giving him a tight hug. He smile and hugged back.

Both heroes said good-bye and left for the Eiffel Tower.

Thinking back on the rather short fight, Chat remembered Ladybug's words. "She knows my identity, Chat! She knows my name and my baby!"

Marinette knew who Ladybug was, but she didn't know who he—her boyfriend—was. Did Marinette want to know who he was? They only found out about Jasmine because it was an emergency.

Ladybug noticed Chat's change in expression and nudged him on the side. "You ok?" she asked. Chat nodded. "I'm just thinking."

"Uh oh. That's not good." Chat sent her a playful glare and she grinned back. "No but seriously, what's on your mind?"

"Marinette knows who you are, but she doesn't know who I am. As a matter of fact, I know who you are and you don't know who I am!" Chat exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

Ladybug held back a laugh, "That's what's worrying you?" Chat sent her a not so playful glare. "Yes, actually, it is."

Ladybug raised a brow, "Reveal yourself then." "What?"

"She's already been akumatized, no one gets akumatized twice. Err well, I highly doubt Marinette would get akumatized again," Ladybug continued. "Besides, that way you'll get to see her more often."

Chat nodded. Ladybug pulled out her yoyo and was about to swing away when Chat stopped her. "*Attends! Don't you want to know who I am?"

Ladybug smiled, "It can wait, Kitty. I have mommy duties now." She waved good-bye and then left.

Reveal myself? How can I do that? Chat thought about it on his way home.

What's the best way to reveal myself, he thought. Do it in her room? Chat dismissed the idea right away. Not a good idea.

After-school? No, someone could see. What if he gave her hints.

Chat detransformed as soon as he landed in his room. Hints. A wide grinned spread across his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Attends - wait