Chapter 36

Adrien walked down the stairs with Nathalie to his father's office.

It felt more like he was going to a meeting rather than going to see his father.

Nathalie knocked on the door and Gabriel said for them to enter. Nathalie and Adrien walked in, Nathalie closing the door behind them.

"Are you alone with the girl?" Gabriel immediately asked. "Yes." Hello to you too father.

Gabriel threw him a cold glare, "You know it's not acceptable to be alone in a room with a young lady, much less a bedroom!"

What is this? 1864? "We weren't doing anything! Alya and Nino left not that long ago and we were only alone together for less than 10 minutes before Nathalie came in," Adrien responded.

Nathalie raised a brow at this, Nothing my butt.

Gabriel turned to Nathalie and she quickly composed herself. "Nathalie?"

"He is telling the truth, sir. Adrien was still playing video games and the girl was sleeping on his bed," she backed Adrien up.

Adrien was rather surprised she did that. He kind of expected her to rat him out. "And why is she in your bed, Adrien?"

Adrien sighed, "Father she was tired. She got akumatized last night and it had a toll on her since she's new to the city. She had a hard time sleeping and was awoken early to come here.

"I let her sleep on my bed as she looked like she was going to pass out."

Gabriel turned to Nathalie again and she gave a single nod. "Very well," Gabriel cleared his throat.

Adrien expected it to be that but no, it's his father we're talking about.

Gabriel pestered him about his grades, Chinese classes, fencing, modeling, and his friends.

Adrien tuned out most of it as he hard heard the same speech for almost his entire life. It was practically scripted.

His happy mood was ruined and he dragged his feet up the stairs. He reached for the doorknob when he heard a voice.

"No way, this room is too nice and neat to be Chat's. I'd imagine his room to be a mess with dirty clothes, videos game everywhere, and old food."

He recognized the voice as Ladybug's.

"Who?"

Adrien quietly opened the door right as she asked that. "Adrien Agreste," he held back a grin.

.

Chat dropped Marinette off in front of an apartment building. He let her down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "We'll be back soon, ok? Bye Mari."

He extended his staff and headed to the Louvre. Ladybug was already there talking to the police.

Chat landed next to her and asked what was going on. Ladybug turned to him and said, "The cops aren't really sure, but they believe it to be an akuma."

"Is it inside?" Chat asked turning to the cops. One of the cops nodded.

Chat turned back to LB and grinned. "So what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Both heroes rushed inside and froze almost immediately upon entering. "It's so. . . quiet. . ." Ladybug's voice echoed across the massive building.

"You could probably hear a pin drop," Chat added.

Both heroes walked carefully, keeping an eye out of anything. Suddenly, Chat felt something barely miss his shoulder.

Chat and LB quickly turned to face the direction it came from, but there wasn't anyone nor was there an actual object. "Did I imagine that?" Chat looked around, confused.